Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 05:27 

Finally released for the PC and it's glorious :D Looks perfect in single player at 5760x1080. HUD is centered. Only thing is that cut scenes are displayed on a single monitor.

I've got a video uploading to YouTube at the moment. I'll post it once it's done.

Edit: Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj_Xbug_NgE

One other thing.... looks like multiplayer is stuck at 1920x1080, I guess out of fairness to other, non-widescreen players 8)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 07:08 
Insiders
Insiders

I hate that fairness argument. They should just limit every game to 1024x768 gfx max in case people don't have Modern screens, wouldn't want to make it unfair to them.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 16:04 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm loving the triple wide support, but I'm finding the PC mouse controls rather crap. It's got acceleration on it and is pretty awful feeling. I could always pull out my xbox controller of course, but I usually prefer KB/M for games with camera control.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 16:35 

Well I'm not saying I know for sure the multiplayer was capped at 1920x1080 for "fairness," that's just my best guess.

As for the mouse acceleration issue, I really don't notice anything different from AC1 and AC2. Controls feel exactly the same to me.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 16:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah AC2 had the same issues lol.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 18:53 
Editors
Editors

One other thing.... looks like multiplayer is stuck at 1920x1080,
Yikes. :( Thanks, it's good to know.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 22:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Why would you want K&M for this game, there's no reticule and combat is done by locking onto enemies. Analog movement stick gives you more directions of movement as well. Spoken as someone whose played/owned AC on both PC and 360.

This is what happens when the PC port is released months after the console port. They actually take their time and make the game work for PC, as can be evidenced by the near-perfect surround support (as far as I can tell from screenshots, I own the 360 version myself).

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 23:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Why would you want K&M for this game, there's no reticule and combat is done by locking onto enemies. Analog movement stick gives you more directions of movement as well. Spoken as someone whose played/owned AC on both PC and 360.

This is what happens when the PC port is released months after the console port. They actually take their time and make the game work for PC, as can be evidenced by the near-perfect surround support (as far as I can tell from screenshots, I own the 360 version myself).

I prefer mouse in games where I have camera control. Call me picky but I hate the lack of precision on sticks, even if it's not used for aiming. I do see your point about having more directions on the movement though.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 23:05 
Insiders
Insiders

On second thought, I just remembered this game doesn't take advantage of the analog-ness fully. You are either running or stopped, there's no walking or jogging (ala Splinter Cell Chaos Theory). Assuming the camera in the PC game doesn't "snap back" to be in front of where you are running, then a mouse is probably superior.

I find myself wildly missing some jumps if I am not looking more-or-less in the same direction as Ezio, it takes too long to move the camera with an analog joystick when you're doing a full sprint (those really annoying missions that you have to complete in X mins to get 100% completition).

What might be the best is something that lets you use an analog joystick for movement and mouse for camera.. but for something that takes advantage of the analog on both the direction and the throttle, not just direction.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 23:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, I've been waiting for the best of both worlds to come to the PC... we need a "keyboard" for gaming that has analog style movement along with the mouse aim.