Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 May 2024, 02:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011, 05:34 

Thought I'd post this here too, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT3GSSyaMuo

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 04:39 

I didn't know there was a demo on PC...

I'm sorry to say this, but your actions in perpetuating the acquisition and advertisement of leaked, incomplete software disgusts me. The fact that our society today is to take what we see at face value, this contributes to the spread of misinformation that this is what the finished product is like, hurting both consumers and developers. Consumers in that what they see may deter a purchase, and to the developers because it may tarnish their reputation. Now I have my opinions of Crytek game design, but what they do is drive innovation forward and push the hardware to move forward when it would otherwise stagnate like the CPU market.

On another note, things like this can often push publishers to force developers to release an unfinished product. I'm sure EA already puts enough pressure in their house, they don't need to be encouraged to put more pressure on the devs to live up to their own hype machine.

I'm sorry for taking this out on you, but as a prospective developer myself, this kind of thing makes my blood boil. The development process is long, and a piece of software will undergo numerous revisions before the vision of the product is finally realized. Seeing that software before it's realized is both frustrating and emotionally taxing. Now an official demo may have its technical problems, but at least at that point the creative process is pretty much finished and is what you can expect creatively from the retail product.

All that being said, it looks pretty good multi-monitor. Every time I see a Surround or Eyefinity demonstration it makes my wallet bark. The only problem I see is the HUD not being on the center monitor.

Official demo for PC is out March 1.