Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 May 2024, 15:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 11:44 

Plain vanila Morrowind in Eyefinity as posted a couple of days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FQSlColJk

Now, more or less the same route using the best graphical mods out there, its a different game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFpvAhHR0JA

And this one for lols, max settings on view distance for Morrowind Graphics Extender (MGE), Morrowind from Space!!!

Jump to 3mins if you get bored of high alt stuff, I fly in close...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnDz69QUNU

This game is reborn with these mods and adding Eyefinity just brings it to the next level...

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2010, 14:12 

Hi

Looks great with the graphics mods, don't it.
However, being able to use triscreen is nothing new actually.
It has been working with TH2Go for years now.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2010, 02:59 
Editors
Editors

That Distant Lands video is impressive. Did the devs actually model an entire planet for Morrowind?!

What graphics mods are you running for the second vid? I'd like to use those whenever I get around to playing Morrowind again.

And I'm going to say it out loud right here: this is perfect evidence of why I consider the PC the ultimate gaming platform. The possibilities for growth and expansion of a game are boundless. It really saddens me that stalwart PC franchises are starting to take away moddability and even accessibility from their games.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 03:39 

Did the devs actually model an entire planet for Morrowind?!

What graphics mods are you running for the second vid? I'd like to use those whenever I get around to playing Morrowind again.

And I'm going to say it out loud right here: this is perfect evidence of why I consider the PC the ultimate gaming platform. The possibilities for growth and expansion of a game are boundless. It really saddens me that stalwart PC franchises are starting to take away moddability and even accessibility from their games.

No, it isn't a whole world. All land is completely freeroaming though. The sea is endless (you can swim forever and never hit a wall),,, but there isn't anything out there, once you get a little ways out. Just a sandy bottom and that's it,,, forever and ever.........
Not sure what mods those are. There are quite a few now. You can probably find most of them at Planet Elder Srolls.

I agree about most new pc games. They really aren't 'real' pc games anymore.

MW is one of my all time most favorite games. I'm sure I spent mre than 2000 hours playing it. I explored the entire gameworld (including all islands and the dlc, expansion packs). Colored in the map completely. Traveled mostly by foot, but would take a Slit Strider once in a while. I just couldn't get enough of that game.
I even used TrackIR in it some in 2002. This was long before anyone had done something like that. People thought I was crazy, hehe. But hey, they thought the same when I would mention it at race sim site too. :doh took them awhile to catch on to it, haha
Anyway, it was and still is a fantastic game. one of these days I may reinstall it and mod it up for another few hundred hours.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 17:04 

Sorry, slow seeing this, Butch is spot on there. The mods I use General are pretty much all the ones listed on on the following page, they are all compatible with each other and work well...

http://morrowind2009.wordpress.com/

Takes a bit of time but when its done just backup the entire morrowind folder to a DVD for easier reinstallation.

I haven't used any of the shaders with MGE as while the look nice the take a terrible toll on FPS particularly in superwide. But the increased view distance and animated grass are well worth it. This vid shows MGE being toggled on and off via a hotkey, it's toggled off up to about the 57th second....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3zuT3OBk0

You need to use FPS optimiser to set the superwide resolution and FOV.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about proper PC gaming, all these console ports lately are dumbing down the PC market a fair bit.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 17:19 
Editors
Editors

Thanks to both of you for the info. I'll grab some of those mods to try with Morrowind on the next go around.