Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 03:43 

Rose wrote:
iagob1 wrote:
Rose wrote:
I fixed it. Get the exe here.

Attachment:
bloodstained.png

Thank you but it's not working with the steam version

Here's the Steam version exe - Link.

Yarr!

This isn't working for me. I put the exe on the right folder, windoded mode and everything but nothing. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I resterted my pc and for some reason now its working. I tried for like an hour all kind of things and nothing, but now its working like a charm! Thank you, the community of wsgf, this site saved me so many times!

Last edited by luizjesus1 on 19 Jun 2019, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 04:46 

My and steam version does not work, either.
In the game there are no options above 1080p.
I would like to play in [5120x2160]!

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 06:33 

With the fix, the UI for some quests and for most part is broken

I'll keep it at 16:9 untill someone fix the UI too

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 12:14 

Trying to use the fixed exe with the Steam version just gives a launch error: "Failed to open descriptor file" with the location pointing to a file in the Bloodstained install folder that doesn't exist.

edit: Found the steam version of the exe, but using it does nothing. I still have 16:9 aspect ratio with the UI screwed up. The screenshot was taken while in windowed borderless. Fullscreen just stretches the image to fill the whole screen

Attachments:
Bloodstained Ultrawide.jpg
Bloodstained Ultrawide.jpg [ 801.75 KiB | Viewed 3745 times ]

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 14:23 

CinnaBret wrote:
edit: Found the steam version of the exe, but using it does nothing. I still have 16:9 aspect ratio with the UI screwed up. The screenshot was taken while in windowed borderless. Fullscreen just stretches the image to fill the whole screen

Did you put the exe file to the correct folder? Its "..\steamapps\common\Bloodstained Ritual of the Night\BloodstainedRotN\Binaries\Win64"

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2019, 17:35 

Mechanical.Paladin wrote:
CinnaBret wrote:

Did you put the exe file to the correct folder? Its "..\steamapps\common\Bloodstained Ritual of the Night\BloodstainedRotN\Binaries\Win64"

Yes, it's in the right spot, but the game will not display 21:9, only the UI. Doesn't matter what resolution I set, it remains 16:9 in Borderless Window, and stretches the screen in Fullscreen.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2019, 03:54 

So, there is a new update to the game that broke the fix. Can someone update this?

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2019, 08:34 

luizjesus1 wrote:
So, there is a new update to the game that broke the fix. Can someone update this?

I just copied the file again and it works. They didn't release any patch notes so I thought why wouldn't I go back to the previous version if it worked fine before for me.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2019, 12:25 

luizjesus1 wrote:

I've been unable to get the game updated for a while but it is now, so I updated the modified files as well.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2019, 17:28 

It isn't working for me anymore, sadly enough. But its ok, the game is great nevertheless, but it was gorgeous in 21:9. so I hope a fix that works with me (and everyone) appears or true support

EDIT: Hey, Rose... it does work with the .exe for GOG, but if I try to load a save that I have before puting the exe it says that the save doens't have the dowloable contet nenecessary (I'm on steam), probably because of some DLC kickstarter that I don't have, but if I use the steam .exe it does let me use my save, hoewever it does not put the game on 21:9. Very odd.