Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 13:33 

Hello.

I'll copy past from the original forum.

I just bought the game.(GoG Version)

Installed everything perfectly, I go into the menu and I already have the black bars on side of the screen, both above and below. I go into settings and put the native resolution of my monitor(1920x1080)

The resolution does not change then I restart the game, seems to have changed but the edges blacks continue to be there.

Start the game and the black bars remain and the imagined is blurred and continues to flickering endlessly making it impossible to read or watch the monitor.

"They said check the refresh rate." Everything on my monitor is right. 1920x1080 16.8milion colors 32bit, 60Hz.. Check on desktop-properties and on my CCC.

I see there is a old post in this forum a dude made the exe of the game to force run 60Hz.. Suddendly is for steam version :( I don't know how to handle this problem.. I have search everywhere, no solution..

Black Bars up and down and left & right, at 1920x1080 flickering caused by refresh rate (eye hurting). If I low the res the flickering disappear. No matter whick resolution black bars persist and eye bleeding cause of lower resolution.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 15:07 
Insiders
Insiders

With menu resolution 1920x1080 - Fix available from the PC Gaming Wiki Community Files (search there)

Last edited by jackfuste on 20 Jul 2015, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 16:17 

OMG.. You fixed it..

Thanks a lot !

I'd offer you a beer!

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 11:22 

This might be more helpful than most people know since it fixes the menu but also makes the game stable with no alt tab freezes and a proper intro movie res playback, probably just because the menu and ingame res get matched up.

1080p is probably the best bet but the problem is that a 60hz lock can cause bad performance now on a good pc/monitor. Is there anyway you could please re post it without a frame lock? It would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 17:11 
Insiders
Insiders

samson wrote:
This might be more helpful than most people know since it fixes the menu but also makes the game stable with no alt tab freezes and a proper intro movie res playback, probably just because the menu and ingame res get matched up.

1080p is probably the best bet but the problem is that a 60hz lock can cause bad performance now on a good pc/monitor. Is there anyway you could please re post it without a frame lock? It would be greatly appreciated.

Here: Fix available from the PC Gaming Wiki Community Files (search there)

It's contain non locked Hz, various locked Hz and menu resolution.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 19:14 

thank you so much but it looks like the .rar uploaded incomplete, *edit ok works with newest winrar or 7zip :)...

Last edited by samson on 25 Jul 2017, 22:19, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 20:48 

Because jackfuste is the coolest I edited the interface so the minimap renders properly without any widescreen error, also fixed minor scaling and color corrected the menu and interface and a hi res icon file.

*EDIT 07/25 You need both files to unrar. Updated the interface. Also included from the above is the 1600x900 menu uncapped hz .exe with the icon file embedded, you can also run any in-game res but 1600x900 seems to fit well for both the menu and in-game scaling. Also included a d3d9.dll for the game dir that some people said fixed fps problems. For more quality you can add the exe to your nvidia or gpu control panel and change manual settings to override for added anisotropic and antialiasing.

Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017, 16:20 

Great job! Do you know how to change font size as well?

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2017, 04:46 

Piotr wrote:
Great job! Do you know how to change font size as well?

sorry no, but the font size was ok at 1600x900

*To bump the thread though, on Windows10 Creators the exe will stop working if you toggle a security setting on, the solution is to add the exe to program settings under exploit protection settings in app brower control in windows defender security center, under the safeguards check that Force Randomization for Images is turned to off, or don't have it on in the first place under main settings.

PostPosted: 20 May 2019, 09:15 

Sorry to necro thread but the exe seems to not be working currently
maybe it's something to do with my setup, but i can't get past the loading screen (not responding)
i've tried removing the interface changes or the dx9 dll but it makes no difference