Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2019, 14:00 

Thank you very much! I think I'm too silly to follow jackfruste guide. :-(

He wrote for examle "4017B426 - for 2560x1080; 4018E38E - for 3440x1440 etc..." but I don't know how to get my value for my ratio... (But problem must be me as others know what to do...)[/quote]
Glad it worked. Actually the way I got the ratio value is just using this guide on the site here.
http://www.wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values

For your 5760x1080 i used the 16:9x3 value "AB AA AA 40" from that chart from that link above there.

And then reversed it to 40 AA AA AB (no spaces though when you are putting the values into the edited file, i just have them to show you what was reversed).

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2019, 23:16 

Thanks a lot, made the process a lot more easier for me!

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 04:33 

The 1.03a update just released today and now the exe is broken again. Anyone know of a fix?

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 17:22 

Gooseberry wrote:
Mike1304 wrote:
Glad it worked. Actually the way I got the ratio value is just using this guide on the site here.
http://www.wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values

For your 5760x1080 i used the 16:9x3 value "AB AA AA 40" from that chart from that link above there.

And then reversed it to 40 AA AA AB (no spaces though when you are putting the values into the edited file, i just have them to show you what was reversed).
[/quote]
Thank you so much for helping me!

Unfortunately, today Steam updated the games exe again and now I can't use your fixed exe anymore (game says something like "newer version found, you can't use this one anymore").

Grrr, I hate this! Is there a chance that you can relase a new 5980x1080 file for me?

I really tried to make it by myself but it seems I have no chance. I'm not a programmer or something like that, therefore it's really hard to understand the jackfruste guide and the infos you told me.

For example:

1. You told me the value for 5760x1080, but I would need 5980x1080 (without bezels) and there is no value for this resolution in the link you mentioned. Don't know how to "calculate" the correct value... :-(

2. When trying to use the jackfruste guide I'm already lost with the first step: "Unpack DOA6.exe using - https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless". Unfortunately there isn't more info what this means and what I should do exactly. Well, at least I tried and and downloaded the file from the link. Now I have a folder called "Steamless-master" but I don't know what I should do with it. There are no exe-files inside, only ".cs"-files (visual c???). Don't know what "unpack DOA6.exe using Steamless" means. I only find the DOA6.exe-file in my Steam-game-folder. How does this work?

3. You write that you "reversed" the value (so you wrote the numbers from right to left, instead from left to right). Why? Can't find this step in the jackfruste guide. There is nothing written about "reversing" values?

As you can see, I have no idea what to do. I would be very happy if you could tell me what to do and answer my above questions or (even better) give me once again a new fixed DOA6.exe for my 5980x1080-resolution.

I know it's terrible, because what if Steam updates the game again and again, so the file will be broken again and again. It's unbelievable that there is no support for triple/widescreen-resolutions out of the box in the game-menu.

It' so frustrating that I know how good the game looks in widescreen and then (just because of a silly update) I have to play on one single screen again...

Please help me if you want (sorry English is note my mother language).

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 20:25 

Mike1304 wrote:
When trying to use the jackfruste guide I'm already lost with the first step: "Unpack DOA6.exe using - https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless". Unfortunately there isn't more info what this means and what I should do exactly. Well, at least I tried and and downloaded the file from the link. Now I have a folder called "Steamless-master" but I don't know what I should do with it. There are no exe-files inside, only ".cs"-files (visual c???). Don't know what "unpack DOA6.exe using Steamless" means. I only find the DOA6.exe-file in my Steam-game-folder. How does this work?

Well, in terms of getting Steamless opened from that folder you downloaded, I believe to open it you have to go to Steamless-master\Steamless\bin\x86\Debug and there is an Application Icon for the file that you can open that will open Steamless. Although, I could be wrong, considering how buried this is in the file structure it may be a wrong version or something. The other way is to run it through Visual Studio.

I'm having the same issue that someone else posted an image of early on in this forum. That is, unpacking in Steamless results in '[Steamless] Failed to unpack file.' It's from Steam & not Pirated, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Turns out I was downloading the wrong thing. You've got to download Steamless from the 'Release' rather then downloading all the GitHub file stuff. While I can unpack the game fine now, what I can't do is open it in the debugger. Even when unticking the stated boxes, it just says 'Terminated' and doesn't display anything.

Last edited by Azeemotron on 30 Mar 2019, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2019, 07:18 

Ever since the recent patch for Dead or Alive 6, using the instructions doesn't seem to work for me.
C7 44 24 58 80 07 00 00 C7 44 24 5C 38 04 00 00
Searching for this pattern comes up with nothing

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2019, 16:48 

I tried the Jackfuste tutorial but I still can not do it, it's giving something wrong but I'll keep trying. more for when someone who already has experience could convert to min? I wanted to convert to 5120x2160, but not the original EXE of the game, but what KamiyaKoenji converted to get the feel of the punches on the younger girls: (https://www.deviantart.com/kamiyakoenji/art/Dead-Or -Alive-6-STEAM-Uncensor-Patch-v-1-03a-791659725)

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2019, 21:43 

Has anyone patched the 1.03a update yet?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2019, 01:05 

Hello,

@KOrigin do not search on current module the pattern, search everywhere.
@Azeemotron You need to uncheck the first 3 options, but you need to check the fourth. Stop on DLL I think.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2019, 03:12 

Mith wrote:
Hello,

@KOrigin do not search on current module the pattern, search everywhere.
@Azeemotron You need to uncheck the first 3 options, but you need to check the fourth. Stop on DLL I think.

Where do I search everywhere?
Like in my attached screenshot? Using that also comes up with blank results

Thanks

Attachments:
88.PNG
88.PNG [ 341.94 KiB | Viewed 3834 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next