Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 23:17 

Reservoir Dogs already supports 16:9, tho it was fixed to 1440x900 (something like that). Now dgVoodoo has emulated it properly and can be displayed in full 1920x1080 awesomeness, or any other 16:9 resolution, up to 4K.

The problem with this game is that it runs at locked 20FPS in modern systems. I guess its some kind of performance check that cant be completed in modern systems since i havent seen any review criticizing the framerate, and the console version (XBOX and PS2) runs at 30FPS, of course.

Can anyone take a look? Its not fully related to widescreen hacks but i have seen a few framerate hacks here in other games.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2018, 00:56 

The low framerate thing seems like it might be the issue of older DirectX versions not being fully supported on newer OSes. If it uses DX8, you could use the DX8 to DX9 converter, but you already seem to be using DGVoodoo, which will convert your game to DX11. Here it is just in case.

http://enbdev.com/download_convertor_dx8todx9.htm

As for the FPS lock, it's likely that a hex edit could remove it, seeing as the Babel Engine (which this game uses) is also used in the Crew, which goes up to 60FPS.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2019, 16:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Attachment:
rdgs_fps.7z [16.21 KiB]
Downloaded 828 times

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2019, 19:31 

FPS unlocker from jackfuste works great.I've been waiting for such a patch for several years. But this game still needs some fixes.

It would be beautiful if it was possible to solve the following problems:

- HUD in 16:9 is displayed correctly except for the viewfinder (It is in the shape of an ellipse)
- FOV in 16:9 it is not as good as in 4:3
- No good support for 16:10. In the menu option it is possible to switch between 4:3 and 16:9

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2019, 14:25 

I've been a bit busy and i forgot this game.

Many thanks jackfuste for your work, you nailed it, as always. And thanks Senior Senpai for your support.

It finished the XBOX version already but i think i will give the PC version a second chance :-)

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 20:17 

Can anyone could check if these values in the hex editor are responsible for the FOV options?
I checked in the hex editor xvi32 ''ResDogs.exe'' from jackfuste and I found these values '' AB AA AA 3F ''.
I think I've met with these values in a few other games and they were responsible for 16:9 resolutions or changing FOV.
There are three or four offsets with these values. Maybe changing these values to others will change the FOV at 16:9 which is currently Vert-.