Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Dauntless
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 05:17 

Yentis wrote:
Bit89 wrote:
Since the latest Dauntless patch I cannot get HDX >35 FA 0E 3C DB >35 FA 64 3C DB to work. Has it worked for anyone else? Thanks!

35 FA 0E 3C DB > D7 CB 2C 3C DB works for me

Does anyone know if it's possible to zoom out the camera with this?
Changing the 3rd Hex value to 6E somewhat works but distorts everything, I'm using 2560x1440.

35 FA 0E 3C DB > 35 FA 50 3C DB > fov 80
35 FA 0E 3C DB > 35 FA 46 3C DB > fov 70

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2019, 19:35 

One way to get the HxD edit correct is to first get a 'calibrated' value. For my system, every time I edit the .ini file found at
Code:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Archon\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
with adding
Code:
[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Once this setting edit is in place, the first time you run Dauntless it should show the proper aspect ratio and be Y-FOV. At this point you can load into the airship for a random hunt and take a screenshot inside the airship. This is because your character is always in the same spot of the screen every time when on the airship. This allows a screenshot with the .ini to be compared against the hex edit value so that it can be corrected to properly match. The problem with the .ini edit is that after the airship and once you load into a hunt, the edit is no longer used.

Once you have a screenshot, you can then edit the .exe file
Code:
Epic Games\Dauntless\Archon\Binaries\Win64\Dauntless-Win64-Shipping.exe
with editing the 35 FA 0E 3C DB values. The 0E value is just a hex value of the FOV which is default set to 14 which is why it seems so close. The value that worked best for my resolution and matched the screenshot from my steps is 62. So my final edit looks like 35 FA 62 3C DB. You can experiment with taking a screenshot of the YFOV and compare that to the hex edit to get a better exact match for your resolution if you need.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2019, 15:38 

Hi all.
I don't understand all your operations..

First question : This solution always work ?
Second question (if yes) : How ? (If you can explain steps)

Because i have actually test to change HEX of the "Dauntless-Win64-Shipping.exe" (with HxD software), but game don't want launch..

I created an account to ask the question because playing this game with a hammer is particularly difficult with this FOV which is totally broken.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 00:12 

qq308169172 wrote:
Jacob Singer wrote:
Ok, this fix for the character creation screen worked great. Has anyone posted a fix or hexedit for 32:9? Apologies if I missed it. The .exe I downloaded just crashed on startup.

HDX >35 FA 0E 3C DB >35 FA 64 3C DB

same for this patch?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 20:23 

Welp, they just added an anti cheat system that makes this fix impossible now.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2019, 01:21 

Boozebeard wrote:
Welp, they just added an anti cheat system that makes this fix impossible now.

did you try the hexedit? didn't work?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2019, 03:38 
Founder
Founder

I want to share with @everyone an issue that has beset the WSGF over the last week or so. Google has decided that the files we host (exe files, patchers, etc.) are malware. Thus, they have flagged the entire WSGF as hosting and/or linking malware, which inhibits site access and search rankings.

Both the WSGF and our older media server (WSGF Media dot com) have been flagged. We have found a solution for our hosted files, via our friends at PC Gaming Wiki. However, we still have an issue with the forums linking to the old WSGF Media server.

There is no feasible way to go through the forums and edit the possible thousands of posts that reference the WSGF Media server. And there is absolutely no guarantee that Google won't ping some future post attachment and flag the entire site again.

The forums are much quieter today then they used to be, with just 1 or 2 active posts per day on average, on top of this we continue to have issues with bots or humans creating accounts to post spam. Additionally, the forums have hampered our ability to enable HTTPS and update the site to be more modern and mobile friendly.

The internet itself has also shifted, with sites like Reddit and services like Discord, YouTube and Twitch being where most discussion happens. Given all of the above we are exploring the idea of "archiving" the forums into their own domain so that everything could be read, but no new posts or accounts could be created. We would then direct all new discussion to a Reddit community and/or our Discord server, which we hope will make discussing and working on fixes more practical.

We are really at a crossroads where the forums have gone from being a minor or moderate inhibitor to growth of the WSGF, to now a major roadblock (thanks to Google). We need a road forward, and wanted to reach out to the community to socialize the issue and our ideas, and to get your feedback.

I'd love to hear your feedback in our Discord Server - https://discord.gg/FcVYWgh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7