Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 18:47 

@det10xCorrupt Thanks for the info will try it after work. I can't stand the feeling like I'm shooting the gun out of my mouth.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 20:24 
Insiders
Insiders

det0xCorrupt wrote:
You guys can change you fov in

\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 5

gamerprofile.xml

If you change the FOV and restart your game it takes effect. Alters scope zoom etc but makes the game not in your face FOV. 85 seems to work well for me @5760x1080 but its annoying that the gun FOV doesnt change =(

The FOV does not work at all for mult screen mode. Here are some comparisons at 110 FOV, I even made the file read only(it doesn't mater) the game modifies the values during run time and only inits the values from the config file at load time and then ignores it:

FOV 110 @ 1080p:

FOV 110 @ 5760x1080:

FOV 110 @ 1080p showing what 5760x1080 FOV is like in comparison, the yellow bars show you what is cur off above and below:

Not to mention they disable the FOV yet again:

Enabled @ none multi screen:

Disabled @ mutli screen:

It really is brutal and does not work at all :thumbdown:

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 20:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Amon Amarth wrote:
I've also went ahead and started a thread in the Ubisoft PC tech support forum for Far Cry 5.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1860640-FoV-is-locked-when-using-Eyefinity-nVidia-Surround

Cool man, I just made a post at your link on the Ubisoft forum for FC5 PC support, in it I also added the screens of the issues and explained the issue to help them out.

Lets hope they take it seriously and fix it this time.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 00:21 
I Donated
I Donated

I knew I would find a post about this here. The game makes me sick whenever I get inside a building, car, or any other surface where the focus is up close. It's hard to believe they would lock surround/eyefinity at 60 degrees. The decisions some devs make simply make no sense. Like AC5 with no SLI support (or) SLI support in FC5, but then locking the FOV. The description in-games states something about how the fov is locked to prevent stretching. There's a whole lot of room to expand before you have to worry about stretching. I'll hit the thread and hope for a change...

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 03:49 

Hey Guys,

Stinks that we have to wait patiently for support. I played today for about 5 min. before I gave up. The FOV is TERRIBLE. I have submitted a ticket so I'll keep you guys updated if I hear anything. I don't have time tonight to test but apparently someone online has found a workaround for the Easy Anti Cheat system and a trainer has already been created. I won't post the link here (do a quick google search) but hopefully we could use that to find the FOV value in memory and adjust. I'll do some experimentation tomorrow but hopefully Jackfuste can apply his magic :)

kiax0001

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2018, 06:52 
I Donated
I Donated

I submitted a ticket with some system files attatched since they wanted a DXDIAG. I really hope this listen to all the people submitting tickets. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 00:39 
I Donated
I Donated

det0xCorrupt wrote:
You guys can change you fov in

\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 5

gamerprofile.xml

If you change the FOV and restart your game it takes effect. Alters scope zoom etc but makes the game not in your face FOV. 85 seems to work well for me @5760x1080 but its annoying that the gun FOV doesnt change =(

We've determined unanimously in this post that changing the .xml file does not work. I've tried any number of combinations in the .xml file like changing the FOV value; trying to force surround screen resolution in borderless mode. I even went to windowed mode where you can adjust the FOV, but as soon as you widen the window across all screens and go back into the settings you find the FOV is greyed out again and set to 60 which is confirmed on the screen. Performance was pretty bad in this mode, but I tried it as a test. It must calculate on the fly and as soon as the resolution exceeds 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio it automatically reverts & locks the FOV to 60. If anyone has any luck I'd love to hear about it, but it seems there's no getting around this one without a fix from the devs...

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 10:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Since EasyAntiCheat was bypassed, so FOV unlock is possible now.
It's recommended to play in offline mode in Steam and Uplay, to avoid being banned.

• Download:
    Attachment:
    FC5_Unlock_FOV.7z [48.81 KiB]
    Downloaded 652 times
  • Replace EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll from the archive in the game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FarCry5\bin\EasyAntiCheat\
  • Rename EACLaunch.exe to 123.exe in the game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FarCry5\bin
  • Copy Unlock_FOV.exe in the game folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FarCry5\bin
  • Run Unlock_FOV.exe and apply patch to FC_m64.dll
  • Run game and setup desired FOV in the game menu

Attachments:
FOV_60.jpg
FOV_60.jpg [ 1.72 MiB | Viewed 5134 times ]
FOV_90.jpg
FOV_90.jpg [ 1.7 MiB | Viewed 5131 times ]
FOV_120.jpg
FOV_120.jpg [ 1.54 MiB | Viewed 5126 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 12:22 

Just in time...

That clever Ubisoft suport gave me the solution:

YOU ALWAYS CAN PLAY WITH A SINGLE MONITOR FOR BETTER EXPERIENCE...

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 13:05 

totiselles wrote:
Just in time...

That clever Ubisoft suport gave me the solution:

YOU ALWAYS CAN PLAY WITH A SINGLE MONITOR FOR BETTER EXPERIENCE...

Oh my word. ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Total loss of respect for them then.

Although, to be fair, your support ticket was probably attended to by an outsourced guy in India who has never seen a multi-monitor setup.
But does that make it right?

Perhaps you should send them this letter:

"Dear Ubisoft,

I received the attached reply in response to my Eyefinity/Surround FOV complaint.

It seems that someone has hacked your email account and is sending out false and ridiculous emails in your name.

Just thought I would mention this so that you can track down the culprit and put a stop to it.

Yours faithfully...."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next