Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2017, 22:24 

This was a major PITA, so I figured I'd post it online for anyone in the future that happens to run into the same issues I did.

Goal:
Play Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition at 3440x1440 @ 100Hz. Using an Acer x34 Predator.

Problem:
In game resolutions only go up to 1920x1080 @ 100Hz.

Solution:
1. From your desktop, disable overclocking on the monitor OSD. Make sure to select the "Apply & Reboot" option after disabling.
2. Launch the game. Resolutions up to 3440x1440 should now be selectable, however only up to 60Hz. Select 3440x1440, apply and exit the game.
3. Enable overclocking on the monitor OSD. Remember to set the overclocking value back to your goal refresh rate (in this case 100), apply and reboot.
4. In NVIDIA Control Panel (I assume you're using NVIDIA if you have a Gsync display), set the refresh rate back to your goal refresh rate (in this case 100).
5. Launch the game. The 3440x1440 display option will still be selected, but now you can select up to 100Hz. Apply and enjoy.

Note that if you have other monitors plugged in but not active (like I did), Windows will switch your active display to the inactive one, and move all opened windows to the inactive one when you "Apply & Reboot" from the monitor OSD. This can be pretty confusing as your main display becomes blank, black screens upon Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and stays blank after reboot. Took me awhile to realize what was going on. Instead of freaking out, use the Win+Arrow hotkeys to move off-screen windows back onto the desired display.

Hope this helps someone else,
Garret