Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Far Cry 4
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 11:48 
Insiders
Insiders

anteronoid wrote:
It doesn't crash when i fiddle with the process in memory with CheatEngine though.

Load a level or actually move around and it will - this is the Uplay version of the game.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 11:55 
I Donated
I Donated

HaYDeN wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
It doesn't crash when i fiddle with the process in memory with CheatEngine though.

Load a level or actually move around and it will - this is the Uplay version of the game.

I did, also using the Uplay version. But haven't tested in a day, maybe recently patched. Will have a go at it tonight when home from work.

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 13:57 
I Donated
I Donated

HaYDeN wrote:
I seriously doubt they will fix it - the game is riddled with "offscreen" quirks, like models disappearing and appearing (eg. not ment to be seen) - I'd say they've clamped the FOV in an attempt to limit that, might be wrong, clearly an after thought tho.

Game also has some form of executable integrity checking, so modifying the EXE in memory just causes it to crash after a short period of time, similar to Borderlands 1

Ahh, I see. Thank you for the update. So, what are the chances of a flawless fix in that case?

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 14:14 
Insiders
Insiders

Skid wrote:
Here is a fair and balanced way to write that post:

I honestly had to stop there. Your lecturing me on the merits of making a fair and balanced way to write what I did based on on your biased opinion on it's content after the fact, how is the view from bleachers? I took action to prevent misinformation because he was claiming any PC gamer under that circumstance is guilty, with no room for them to prove his accusations as false. Than joystiq and pc gamer put it on their pages as it's all the pirates fault, with no bloody background information to the other side of the story and your saying I have to be the only one playing fair and balanced? That is wrong, they are wrong not only morally but for not doing what you suggest but also in that my opinion differs so it is the only one at fault, from what I've read. I at least provided proof to that his claims was false, where was his? Aside from his loud mouth and position, where is his burden of proof? I've shown you mine, but you didn't like where it was and by another site because you assumed it was click bait? If you can't follow it and know the facts for yourself, how can you say it is something without investigating?!? I am now not only worried you can see fault for blaming people for something they didn't do but I'm also sorry you can't see that you hold my differing opinion to a double standard. No one should be held to a different standard than some one else, or third parties, in a conversation if there is no previous sign of guilt. That puts anyone, including me, at a disadvantage because the victor has all ready been chosen in your mind since this whole thing began! I will not concede my points when none is to be had on the basis of why this man and his accusation are wrong. You've done a great job to twist it beyond the scope of that which is troubling enough when I see some obfuscating an issue by blaming the person opposing it. With that, I choose not continue this conversation any further, with no succession of anything other than I'm worried as to why you can't see these kind of false accusations are wrong.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 16:07 

Hayden, thank you so much for looking into the game, what a shame after your wonderful fixes for FC3 and Blood Dragon.

Dont know if this helps you but the FOV seems to be set semi-correctly when you set an EF resolution and set the game to Borderless Windowed.

It just needs maybe another 10 degrees for the FOV to be perfect.

Again thank you so much for your efforts, hopefully you can release a fix for the FOV even if there are disappearing objects on the sides.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 17:14 

And please, do not forget about 21:9 :)

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 20:08 
I Donated
I Donated

HaYDeN wrote:
anteronoid wrote:

Ok, tested again and no crashes.

I changed the FOV in surround and replaced the code in memory that writes the default FOV values back and then went around and shot some stuff and running around. No crasch.

Don't know if its to any help but this in red is the code that writes the default FOV back, that i replaced with NOP (code that does nothing)

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 05:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Here is my FIX for the FOV no hack:

1. Load the game up
2. Switch to 1920x1080 apply
2b. Make sure you have all the visual setting to the way you want it after the fix you can not edit anything or you will have to re do all the steps
3. Go in to displays options and advanced where the FOV is supposed to be you will now see the FOV slider
4. Set the FOV to MAX and apply
4. Load a level play see that the FOV is maxed
5. Save and exit the game
6. go to C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\fb656277-0267-4dbd-b4ee-c634994fbfd8\ * should en this for everyone *
7. load GamerProfile.xml in text editor do a find on : ResolutionX and ResolutionY and set these to your multi screen resolution
ResolutionX="5760"
ResolutionY="1080"

Save the file

8. load GFXSettings.FarCry464.xml in a text editor
Look for the first part that has the <RESOLUTION node :
<EXECUTABLE Value="FarCry464" />
<EXECCMD Value="" />
</APPLICATION>
<GAMESETTINGS>
<RESOLUTION Width="5760" Height="1080" RefreshRate="60">

Change the With and Height to your multi screen resolution, use the same values you used in above ResolutionX and ResolutionY

9. Save the file
10. load up Far Cry 4 the FOV is fixed and play DO NOT go into the video opeions or it will revert everything.

:rockout: hope this works for you guys.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 10:19 
Insiders
Insiders

valcan_s wrote:
Here is my FIX for the FOV no hack:

1. Load the game up
2. Switch to 1920x1080 apply
2b. Make sure you have all the visual setting to the way you want it after the fix you can not edit anything or you will have to re do all the steps
3. Go in to displays options and advanced where the FOV is supposed to be you will now see the FOV slider
4. Set the FOV to MAX and apply
4. Load a level play see that the FOV is maxed
5. Save and exit the game
6. go to C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\fb656277-0267-4dbd-b4ee-c634994fbfd8\ * should en this for everyone *
7. load GamerProfile.xml in text editor do a find on : ResolutionX and ResolutionY and set these to your multi screen resolution
ResolutionX="5760"
ResolutionY="1080"

Save the file

8. load GFXSettings.FarCry464.xml in a text editor
Look for the first part that has the <RESOLUTION node :
<EXECUTABLE Value="FarCry464" />
<EXECCMD Value="" />
</APPLICATION>
<GAMESETTINGS>
<RESOLUTION Width="5760" Height="1080" RefreshRate="60">

Change the With and Height to your multi screen resolution, use the same values you used in above ResolutionX and ResolutionY

9. Save the file
10. load up Far Cry 4 the FOV is fixed and play DO NOT go into the video opeions or it will revert everything.

:rockout: hope this works for you guys.

Thanks man! Hey, are people with SLi getting that shadow bug - where the shadows are pitch black and you pretty much can't see anything at night, and even during the day if you step into a shadow (building/tree etc) its black?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 10:45 

Some 21:9 shenanigans: http://imgur.com/a/4yIza#0

Far Cry 3 got it right. :roll:

Could anyone playing triplewide check the oxygen mask and mortar sight behavior? The oxgyen mask can be seen on the first proper Longinus mission (directly after Chal Jamal Monastery, about 10 main missions into the game) and the mortar can be found littered around the newly unlocked southern end of the map after completing Act 1.

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Hey, are people with SLi getting that shadow bug - where the shadows are pitch black and you pretty much can't see anything at night, and even during the day if you step into a shadow (building/tree etc) its black?
Try setting your DX1x SLI bits in Inspector to 0x080000F5 - It fixes the pitch black effect, but there are still some lighting oddities.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next