Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 20:41 

anteronoid wrote:
AndroidVageta wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
The FOV fixer built with Cheat Engine works fine for me, the guy that made it have re-done it so it wont download something. This works good with single-player FOV settings, i wouldn't use it in multiplayer though.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/209650/di ... 5072997#p3

Well considering they tried putting spyware/adware/trojan/whatever in the last version inspires ZERO trust from these idiots. "The guy that made it have re-done it so it wont download something"...yeah like they should have the first time they released it...wow...

Well thx for bashing me because you're paranoid and and thinks evil from everyone. :crazy:

It's based on Cheat Engine, when installing Cheat Engine it asks like most Freeware do if you want to install loads of bloatware, for example Search Protect. The dude released the fix with the smallest file size in mind and didn't realize that it would then try auto-download those things for those that don't already have Cheat Engine installed.
Those who already have Cheat Engine or would like to make the fix themselves could do so and only use the pre-made CT table or follow the description in the post from the author on how to do it your self.
:searchplease:

Not bashing...where are you getting that?

Splinter said in his post:

Quote:
This fix did not work, forces you to install Cheat Engine.

An app was mysteriously installed called "MyRadio"

Shortly after install Bit Defender detected an infection "Adware.SearchProtect.O"

I recommend you do NOT install this FOV changer at this time.

Adware.SearchProtect.O doesn't sound legit to me?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 22:27 

anteronoid wrote:
The FOV fixer built with Cheat Engine works fine for me, the guy that made it have re-done it so it wont download something. This works good with single-player FOV settings, i wouldn't use it in multiplayer though.

Thanks for that :)

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 22:36 
I Donated
I Donated

AndroidVageta wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
AndroidVageta wrote:

Well considering they tried putting spyware/adware/trojan/whatever in the last version inspires ZERO trust from these idiots. "The guy that made it have re-done it so it wont download something"...yeah like they should have the first time they released it...wow...

Not bashing...where are you getting that?

Quote:

Shortly after install Bit Defender detected an infection "Adware.SearchProtect.O"

Adware.SearchProtect.O doesn't sound legit to me?

He cited me and pointed it out like I'm a total nut job. :)

I explained what it was, it is adware, sure. But not intended by the author of the fixing script. He fixed that download thingy. Ha made a simple mistake.
It needs Cheat Engine to run the script. When installing Cheat Engine wich is a freeware it asks you if you want to install the Adware Search Protect among other things, just like Java ask's you if you want to install their "Ask.com" bar.

Anyway, he (or the IDIOT) fixed the exe so you can run the script without it downloading stuff.
Or you can just fix it your-self following the instructions on how to use a tool to change stuff in memory.
Just saying theres no need to be paranoid here if you know whats it all about.

Works fine for me for Singleplayer FOV and my computer didn't blow up.
If you don't want the fix, fine. But stop calling people idiots for doing a simple mistake in an pretty advanced task you cant fix for your-self when all he wanted was to try help people out. ;)

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 23:43 

Detection wrote:
anteronoid wrote:

so does this fix easily work for both MP+SP?

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 00:51 
I Donated
I Donated

mr stroke wrote:
Detection wrote:
anteronoid wrote:

so does this fix easily work for both MP+SP?

Theres a FOV slider in MP so you wont need it there.
Also, could be risky to use any kind of memory hacks for MP.

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

Post subject: Re: COD Advanced Warfare
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 01:45 

FYI ALL -

Cheat engine is detected by VAC and activates the ban hammer once it has been identified, even if you do not run anything built with it, just having it on your PC is enough to get you a ban. I know VAC is currently not enabled in AW, but once it does there will be a lot of people getting the VAC tag on their profiles, this happened in Ghosts - So be warned.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 06:08 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
Hey:)
I don't know about Hayden (how busy he is and so on).

Just wanted to say that I am pretty busy currently with other projects and I am low on free time to make a fix. I never fixed this engine or any COD games tbh as I am not a fan of the games. So, probably it would be best if Hayden or Dopefish will make a fix for it (they know the engine better anyway;)) )

You can also ask Dopefish for a fix. I know he fixed the previous ones as well and he is a fan of the games;)

Thanks for reminding us how LAZY you are Helifax!!! :hide: :lol: On a serious note, thanks for letting us know - this just means everyone should be hitting up the devs for a fix.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 06:21 
I Donated
I Donated

So I tried out the fix mentioned above... While I appreciate anyone's effort to try and fix a messed up game, it's not a widescreen fix. It simply takes the already squat image and stretches it even more. I guess someone will get around to it eventually. In the meantime there's always Lords of the Fallen to bang around on... :yawn:

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 07:35 

Is flawlesswidescreen.org down for anyone else?

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 09:43 

Quote:

O.K. I've downloaded the "fixed" 3 screen Field Of View fix
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d85jq ... _64bit.rar
This does work, although not perfect in Single Player mode.
Bit Defender considered this file as "Potentially malicious" and would let it run.
No mysterious apps were installed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next