Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 11:53 

Haldi wrote:
That's great to hear.
I thought about buying this game. Is it fun? Even with keyboard?

I've only played it with K&&M, It plays perfectly. No noticeable mouse acceleration present. At 7680x1440 it looks amazing. It feels good, plays better and has good overall atmosphere and combat. As far as some of the comments about Demon/Dark souls, it is very similar yes. Only, From software despises PC gamers and would never, or at least has not ever, made a game that is this polished out of the box on PC. The textures are very high resolution and the overall environment has a level of graphical fidelity far superior to DS. Is it a better game? Well that is subjective of course. I would lean towards almost, but no. They are both really good games. There are also some absolutely awesome weapons and armor sets, and if you go out of your way not to save your game your chances of getting better loot goes up. I like their version of the risk/reward system.

All that being said there are a few issues I personally have with it. Although others might not find these to be a problem, and none of them are bad enough to be labeled as damning. First thing is, I wish the options menu was a little more fleshed out. I would have really liked to see some more detailed graphics options. A few of them are rolled up together into single sliders. A secondary set of key bindings would have also been very nice. I always appreciate being able to map multiple keys to certain tasks. There is, (At least at the time of writing this) an issue with some Mesh/Transparency in some sections of the game. They can cause some strange anomalies on screen. It looks like a very small checkered pattern running a layer down, and covering all of the assets with light on them. Although they aren't always visible. I think it is tied in to the Nvidia Gameworks toolkit and their implementation of it. Other then that there isn't really anything terrible about it. The fact that the health/stamina/magic bar, and spells are not centered doesn't bother me in the slightest. In any other game I would take issue with it, but for some reason it is tolerable for me in this one. I find it adds a little to the immersion, but I'm most likely alone on that.

So to summarize,
Does it play well with Keyboard && Mouse?
It certainly does, I can't see playing it with anything else.
Does it have high graphical fidelity?
Absolutely, It looks fantastic, and scales beautifully.
Is it a title worth owning?
I sure think it is.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 20:26 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
I have 2x780Ti and running at 5100x1050. I have no problem in maintaining 60+ fps in the game with everything maxed (Except shadow resolution+ textures who are set to high since I only have 3GB vram on the cards, otherwise is a stuttering mess at this resolution)
- I also used the SLI bit from SLEEPING DOGS.
- Turning VSYNC OFF from the game will also help you as I noticed.
- CUDA is set on CPU.
- All the Cuda stuff is enabled in game
- I play the game in 3D Surround and I get around 45fps (which is approx 80-90fps in 2D)

The problem with the game frequently crashing is still there tough... The game simply crashes or more often the nvidia driver kernel simply crashes.... Thing which I don't see it on my laptop (880M)

With 2 Titans Black you should be able to keep above 60fps easily.

Hey man, NICE! you have 780Tis, huh very intrusting I will have to try these settings out, thanks for this will check it out.

Hmm I have CUDA set to the second GPU(not independent though) and on so I suppose that takes a big hit on performance. I am curious if the persistent particles, sparks and turbulence will still be there if you go CPU PhysX?

Nah I have first gen Titans so probably your Tis are faster.

Thanks Helifax will give it a go and post back.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2014, 20:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Toothless Spoon wrote:
The window/fullscreen switch happens a bit actually. I've noticed it in a few recent games - either devs/nvidias fault, the Sli doesnt seem to engage properly. I agree that a sequel will hopefully be even better.

I'd be happy to have a look at your game, I actually sent you an invite on steam as well, us Titan brothers have to stick together :P

Weird hey same, only certain games have the SLI not working issues, mostly seems like DX11 games who knows why.

Nice sounds good, cool will add you when I boot up Steam today, ah ha! :) you have Titans as well very cool :rockout: for sure LOL

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 15:42 
Editors
Editors

i get 70 FPS on very high in FullHD and about 24 FPS in Eyefinity xD on my two 290's

But.... am i the only one with the stretched Playermodel in Inventory ?^^

Attachment:
LordsOfTheFallen_2014_11_15_01_36_10_451.png
LordsOfTheFallen_2014_11_15_01_36_10_451.png [ 3.08 MiB | Viewed 2690 times ]

btw... only took me 23 tries to defeat the first boss ! i'm so good!
This is no damn RPG this is a strategy game! Know the enemy, know yourself and press the right buttons at the right time.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 17:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Haldi wrote:
i get 70 FPS on very high in FullHD and about 24 FPS in Eyefinity xD on my two 290's

But.... am i the only one with the stretched Playermodel in Inventory ?^^

Attachment:
LordsOfTheFallen_2014_11_15_01_36_10_451.png

btw... only took me 23 tries to defeat the first boss ! i'm so good!
This is no damn RPG this is a strategy game! Know the enemy, know yourself and press the right buttons at the right time.

Ah yes, that does appear to be a AMD issue. I get 40-60 fps with my 2 x Titans in surround. Everything pretty much maxed. As for the bosses, it doesn't get too complicated and you can really power through the game in 20+ hours with almost everything explored. Love the game, though there were a few crashes in certain areas of the game.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 17:38 
Editors
Editors

Would be grateful if anyone could add 21:9 Screenshots...
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/lords-fallen/en

And did anyone pay attention the the FMV videos ? except the Intro all cut scenes were ingame, right ?