Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The Evil Within
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2015, 15:52 

yea windows 10 here...well i think i will end the game with border in windowed mode..happy new year anyway!! and thanks

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016, 22:41 

Hello, I am having trouble to use Flawless Widescreen with this game. Could somebody help me? I am having this error (in the Status Windows) after I open the game "Could not find LetterBoxFix2 injection point, The Evil Within may have updated to a version that is no longer supported. Try restarting The Evil Within or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix."
How can I make it work? I am playing on a 21:9 monitor (2560x1080) and is really annoying to play with the black bars on all sides.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2016, 18:29 
Insiders
Insiders

netowww,

Fairly strong chance of fix:
1. Open in Wordpad: (path-to-FWS)\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\TheEvilWithin\Dependencies\Scripts\TheEvilWithin.lua.
2. Find first occurrence of "LetterBoxFix2" (it's the one with quotes).
3. Notice SignatureScan directly beneath above line. The hex in this line should be changed to match your game's exe.
4. So open your game's exe in hex editor & find the closest match to that SignatureScan's hex string.
5. Once found, jot down the hex-difference & edit your lua entry to match your game exe's difference.
6. Failing that, try editing lua based on the remaining very-close-matches, one at a time until FWS hooks.

You can use HxD hex editor.
(There is no hex wildcard support in HxD. Wildcard support can be found in e.g. Hex Editor xvi32 & would work great, but learning curve)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016, 20:04 

imusrt wrote:
netowww,

Fairly strong chance of fix:
1. Open in Wordpad: (path-to-FWS)\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\TheEvilWithin\Dependencies\Scripts\TheEvilWithin.lua.
2. Find first occurrence of "LetterBoxFix2" (it's the one with quotes).
3. Notice SignatureScan directly beneath above line. The hex in this line should be changed to match your game's exe.
4. So open your game's exe in hex editor & find the closest match to that SignatureScan's hex string.
5. Once found, jot down the hex-difference & edit your lua entry to match your game exe's difference.
6. Failing that, try editing lua based on the remaining very-close-matches, one at a time until FWS hooks.

You can use HxD hex editor.
(There is no hex wildcard support in HxD. Wildcard support can be found in e.g. Hex Editor xvi32 & would work great, but learning curve)

Thank you for all the help and info that you gave me. I did what you said and it worked!
Thank you very much for the support. You were very helpful. :)

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 04:05 

Many thanks HaYDeN and imusrt for the info on this thread. I'm able to get the game to run correctly on 3440x1440 with the following setting,

Game Option:
Fullscreen: ON
Letterbox: OFF

Flawless Widescreen
Settings/Configuration/Display Detection
Enable Display Detection Override
W: 3440
H: 1440
Hud W: 3440
Hud H: 1440
Hor Disp Count: 3
Ver Disp Count: 1
Hud X: 3440
Hud Y: 0

Flawless Widescreen The Evil Within Setting
Everything default with only "LetterBox Fix" unchecked.

Would you guys suggest any other change? Currently, the game look great. Again, thank you for all the wonderful explanation. I'm completely new to 21:9. I'm totally in love! :D

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 02:17 

Hello, I have a setup of 3 very different displays:
Left: 1680x1050 (16:10) + Center: 3440x1440 (21:9) + Right: 1920x1080 (16:9)

I gruop them with AMD eyefinity, to get a desktop 7040x1440 (both side displays are v-centered and I miss image in corners because my displays do not cover all 7040x1440 rectangle)

I have filled these settings:
W: 7040 H: 1440
Hud W: 3440 Hud H: 1440
Hor Disp Count: 3 Ver Disp Count: 1
Hud X: 1680 Hud Y: 0

BUT my HUD, I mean, what I should see in the center display, is not centered. The central 3440 area is shifted to the right, like if this setup would have set 1800 pixels to each side of my central hud, but I should have 1680 to the left and 1920 to the right instead 1800 to both sides.

By the way, I have tried different values for the HUD X setting, but it ignores me, does not matter what value I set in HUD x, the result is always the same, 1800 pixels each side.

Is this a limitation of WSGF ? this always assume symmetrical setups ? Or there is any way to get it to work properly 1680+3440+1920?

Please help! Thank you

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2017, 14:19 

Hi guys,

I really need your help with this game. It seems that FWS doesnt work to me, even if i managed the correct hex string for "LetterBoxFix2" as described from imusrt just few post above.
Now I'm finally able to run FWS without errors at startup but nothing seems to happen ingame when i change the settings like fov or aspect ratio. I've tried everything but sadly with no results. Whats wrong?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10