Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Evil Within
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015, 13:21 

21_9 PC Gamer wrote:
Massive thanks to HaYDen he has now fixed the plugin so its working again!

HaYDeN.....legends.....good work buddy and thankyou

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 16:24 

i meant to come here sooner and say thanks but i am here now to report a trouble.

was working fine prior 2 days ago, then i updated the plugin stupidly with out first backing up my files or updating my archive of flawlesswidescreen with the plugin i had working included and now i have an error
Quote:
Configure function call for the attached process failed, retrying in 33 seconds...

Last Error:
Could not find LetterBoxFix2 injection point, The Evil Within may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

Try restarting The Evil Within or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix.

i tried doing an extensive google search for an older plugin and i get similar errors with an older one
Quote:
Could not find BloomFix injection point, The Evil Within may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

Try restarting The Evil Within or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix.

if some kind person that was wise enough to avoid the very latest plugin update the one prior to FWS_plugin.fws version 2.1.85 rev 4 going live and can post a link so i can download what i need to run the older plugin, would be much appreciated.

i cannot play this with any other version out there on the web that are floating around because they all crash otherwise i would have the option of switching out and using a different version of evilwithin.exe but i cannot. i crash with every one i tried except the one i am using now which is the ALi213 files. dont hate i did not steal this game i am simply using the exe as a workaround for the crashing.

-PS to the maker of flawlesswidescreen, would be great if there was a rollback option for when updated plugins get pushed live and break something, that those users can rollback to the version they had when everything was working. thanks

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 17:41 

bloodgual wrote:
i meant to come here sooner and say thanks but i am here now to report a trouble.

was working fine prior 2 days ago, then i updated the plugin stupidly with out first backing up my files or updating my archive of flawlesswidescreen with the plugin i had working included and now i have an error
Quote:
Configure function call for the attached process failed, retrying in 33 seconds...

Last Error:
Could not find LetterBoxFix2 injection point, The Evil Within may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

i tried doing an extensive google search for an older plugin and i get similar errors with an older one
Quote:
Could not find BloomFix injection point, The Evil Within may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.

if some kind person that was wise enough to avoid the very latest plugin update the one prior to FWS_plugin.fws version 2.1.85 rev 4 going live and can post a link so i can download what i need to run the older plugin, would be much appreciated.

i cannot play this with any other version out there on the web that are floating around because they all crash otherwise i would have the option of switching out and using a different version of evilwithin.exe but i cannot. i crash with every one i tried except the one i am using now which is the ALi213 files. dont hate i did not steal this game i am simply using the exe as a workaround for the crashing.

-PS to the maker of flawlesswidescreen, would be great if there was a rollback option for when updated plugins get pushed live and break something, that those users can rollback to the version they had when everything was working. thanks
Latest plugin works fine with the new patch you need to go to Steam & update the game its 2 patches totalling 10.1Gb as the DLC # 1 came out today.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 22:20 

so, it works for you therfore theres no problem and i am just dreaming or no on the plugin before last update?

i am not about to download any DLC or update, i am lucky it plays without crashing as is, im just asking for the plugin before this last update, which i know worked. if that is not something that can be provided then just say so.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 16:30 

Doesn't work for me, I just get this error message over and over

c_HackTool - Failed to open process, error code = 5.

I only just got the game, so I don't know if it is an update that broke it or what.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 22:36 

As I said before if you legit own the game Steam will patch it twice then the latest FWS works just fine as it should! Steam auto patches nowadays there is no way to disable that anymore so I can only assume if it does not patch you either:

1: Do not own the game legit.
2: You cannot connect to Steam online to get the patch(s).

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015, 00:45 
I Donated
I Donated

Does the DLC break the current fix if you install it? I can't figure out reading the posts if it does or not. I am able to play it fine in 21:9 now with latest Steam patch and FWS. I want to get the DLC, but not if its going to break the fix. Anyone know for sure?

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015, 10:40 

Funkengreuven wrote:
Does the DLC break the current fix if you install it? I can't figure out reading the posts if it does or not. I am able to play it fine in 21:9 now with latest Steam patch and FWS. I want to get the DLC, but not if its going to break the fix. Anyone know for sure?
DLC works 100% with latest fix I own the season pass it all looks good to me in 21:9. Here are some screenshots I took of it in 21:9 a few days ago:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015, 13:53 

Hi Guys,

I believe I can clear up the confusion here. The current plugin for The Evil Within doesn't work if you are running the original unpatched version of the game (cracked or retail, DLC or no). You will get an error regarding the LetterBox2 injection point or similar. If you have the steam version of the game, you are likely not having the issue as the game is being kept up to date, DLC or no.

If you are running the game by installing from an ISO image or BluRay disc, you will need to obtain the latest patch by going to the Bethesda website and downloading it there. If you are running a cracked version, you will need to apply the update, then obtain a crack for the current version of the game. You do not need to have the DLC to update to the latest version. There are update files for both the DLC and the base game.

PostPosted: 15 May 2015, 02:24 

I too am having a problem. I'm trying to run 5760x1080 res. The game is fully updated, Flawless Widescreen is fully updated. When the game starts I get sounds but no display until it has you press any key to proceed. Then I only get a picture on the main center screen. I can arrow through options but cannot see them. The mouse is constrained to the center screen. Any thoughts?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next