Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Evil Within
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 11:29 

Hi Guys, this is my first time writing at WSGF :)

Thank you very very much for all your hard Work, been using some other Fixes from Widescreenfixer in the Past and also Donated some Bucks :))
The Evil Within Fix is now Live? Can somebody help me finding the download Link - or am i just blind?

Again, thank you very very much. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Nevermind, found it via Updating Flawless Widescreen :)

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 14:19 

same here, the fix removes the letterbox, but only displays in the center screen.

in Flawless Status Window, it shows "Resolution=2016x1080, Aspect=1.867, Monitors=1x1, Bezel Comp=True", while my actual resolution is 6048x1080, could this be the reason?

thanks

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 14:34 
Insiders
Insiders

cloud226 wrote:
same here, the fix removes the letterbox, but only displays in the center screen.

in Flawless Status Window, it shows "Resolution=2016x1080, Aspect=1.867, Monitors=1x1, Bezel Comp=True", while my actual resolution is 6048x1080, could this be the reason?

thanks

Do you have AMD hardware? cause I'm really sick and tired of repeating how shit AMD API's (for display detection) are, eg. they don't work properly (especially for Crossfire), nor are they programmer friendly.

I'll likely never own AMD gear again, so it's not something on my list to investigate... the only way forward would be someone providing teamviewer or something for a reasonable period of time to troubleshoot the problem or something.

But yes, what you've pointed out will be exactly the issue - your displays are being detected incorrectly... for whatever reason, as a temporary work around you can hardcode your display configuration by going to settings -> display detection -> enable display detection override.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 15:44 

i just want to drop by and say thanks for the hard work!
its working great on my 21:9 monitor :clap:

Attachment:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 1.54 MiB | Viewed 4127 times ]

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 21:23 

Thanks Hayden.
The fix works perfectly for me.
Using NVidia 2D Surround on three 24" monitors in landscape....5670 x 1200, no adjustments needed.
Sent some cash your way.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2014, 23:07 

Hey Hayden, thanks the fix, it works great! (obvious "but" incoming -_-)

There's one thing bugging me though, I don't know if I'm the only one getting this: when I'm aiming, the fov fix doesn't seem to work. For example, when aiming with the handgun, I don't see my character model at all, everything zooms in way too much. I'm just wondering if that's something that could be tinkered with, or not?

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2014, 02:49 
Insiders
Insiders

null-subject wrote:
Hey Hayden, thanks the fix, it works great! (obvious "but" incoming -_-)

There's one thing bugging me though, I don't know if I'm the only one getting this: when I'm aiming, the fov fix doesn't seem to work. For example, when aiming with the handgun, I don't see my character model at all, everything zooms in way too much. I'm just wondering if that's something that could be tinkered with, or not?

Well, the intention is that it would apply the same changes to the aiming FOV - I'll have to check, if that's the case... I'm surprised people haven't brought it up sooner, I'm about to start playing the game so I don't know.

You can adjust the FOV in realtime by pressing + and - so you can soon see if it has any impact.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2014, 03:14 

HaYDeN wrote:
cloud226 wrote:

thanks

Do you have AMD hardware? cause I'm really sick and tired of repeating how shit AMD API's (for display detection) are, eg. they don't work properly (especially for Crossfire), nor are they programmer friendly.

I'll likely never own AMD gear again, so it's not something on my list to investigate... the only way forward would be someone providing teamviewer or something for a reasonable period of time to troubleshoot the problem or something.

But yes, what you've pointed out will be exactly the issue - your displays are being detected incorrectly... for whatever reason, as a temporary work around you can hardcode your display configuration by going to settings -> display detection -> enable display detection override.

That's it, I went for the "Detection Override" and it's all good now!

Sorry for the trouble, I'll definitely go for a Nvidia card next time, I had quite a few pains with AMD driver as well

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2014, 03:26 

HaYDeN wrote:
cloud226 wrote:

thanks

Same here. It works however when I enable Display Detection Override, so thanks for your help in fixing that. My resolution is 6048 x 1200. What should I set the Hud Width and Hud Height to? HudX and HudY? Same as my resolution or leave alone?

Cheers

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2014, 06:33 

HaYDeN wrote:
twitchyzeroo wrote:
hayden, thanks so much for getting a fix out in such a timely manner.

It's not working for me.

I can see it working briefly during loading screens, but in game, cutscenes and in the menus it's single screen yet i seem to be taking the fps penalty of pushing a Surround setup

Latest nvidia drivers, latest FWS with TEW plugins. Win 8.1 Pro x64 GTX 670 SLI resolution 6000x1080

ive enabled the fps counter and locked fps to 60 via the game's console but I doubt that breaks your fix.

I understand SLI will likely be forever broken given the engine at hand but I need to play it in my native Surround res.

Any ideas?

doesn't make much sense, are there any errors in status tab?

so I didn't find a fix but found a workaround
the game needs to be in the exact same resolution as my windows desktop. Odd because it didnt work yesterday but now it does. It's unplayable at my native res without SLI, even running surround 900p it's just barely playable...I might hold off a month or two to see if Bethesda might release sli profile although im not hopeful.

Thanks again for the community fix!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next