Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 12:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2014, 14:26 
I Donated
I Donated

Toothless Spoon wrote:

I have titans too, but what resolution are you playing at? I get about 60fps with a bit of SS, but I get major drops in the game (which I've spoken to other players seems to be common) - are you experiencing drops? Also when I talk drops, they are substantial, like 20-30fps loss.

5760x1200 at 50 FPS average. However, when there's orange lighting from tourches and candles, the frame rate tends to drop. I imagine it's something that can be fixed with a patch or on nVidia's side.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2014, 20:32 

"No SLI support? No wonder I was getting such crappy frame rates. You're right, Its hard to believe a game with the "Nvidia" logo on the opening title has no SLI support. Not to mention how graphically intensive it is. At least it looks like its fixable. Il wait patiently for the fix. Thanks for the heads up![/quote]

To enable SLI use the app nvidia Inspector and force it to AFR2 and it will enable SLI no prob works great.

Make sure in the reg Nvidia cntrl panel you add the game first so you can see the profile in nvidia Inspector.[/quote]

Okay, I don't use NI very much in the past, so I want to make sure I followed your directions correctly:

1. I went into Nvidia Control Panel and added the Shadows of Mordor.exe in program settings.
2. I downloaded & installed latest version of NI and clicked on "Nvidia predefined SLI mode" and selected AFR2 and clicked apply.

Do I have to do anything else? Do I have to make Shadows of Mordor selectable in NI in the "Profiles" list with all the other games and select it there? If so, how do I do that? Or will it work with the Global Profile as long as I added the Shadows of Mordor.exe in Nvidia Control Panel and have it selected there? I don't know how to make the .exe show up in the Profiles list in Nvidia Inspector...(if necessary)

Also, once I've done the above, do I have to keep the Nvidia Inspector program open, or can I close it and the settings hold?[/quote]

When you open NI and search the profiles you will find Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor already exists.

1. Select that and add the .exe like you did before, but this time it will be to the appropriate profile.
Attachment:
nvidia_20141001_045758.png

2. Scroll down and under Sli, change - Sli rendering mode to Force_AFR2.
Attachment:
nvidia_20141001_045817.png

hope that helps."

I'm stuck in the same boat, only I tried following this and it remains unchanged for me. I'm still stuck with this.

I have a profile in NI that links to my .exe in my Steam folder, that profile has SLI rendering mode set to SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR2, but I'm not getting any real change in results. Also, Flawless Widescreen keeps failing to load the game profile. "Configure function call for the last process failed"

I don't really mess with this stuff a lot so I'm sure I'm doing something stupid that's screwing it up.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 02:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Actually I found that Linking the FEAR 3 flag instead of just forcing AFR2, get more gains. I went from about 60% to 70+% scaling each card. Still not ideal, but hopefully we'll get proper drivers soon.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 06:25 

Funkengreuven wrote:
milkcoma wrote:
skipclarke wrote:
If we can get a solution to this, I'd like to use this for my first performance analysis.

out side the some menu issues i have it working. see my fix above.

I implemented the fixes you listed and while some of the menus are off and/or zoomed in too far (weapons & Saurons Army), overall the rest seems to work okay. Reminds me of how Watchdogs is right now. The map is zoomed in too far, but its still serviceable. Thanks for the heads-up. The more I play this game the better it gets. A complete fix will make it perfect.

What this guy said about the menus...Sauron's Army menu zoom is screwed up. Once you unlock the Warchiefs you can only see the very last row of Captains, making it very hard to use properly:

Any chance for a fix?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 08:30 

This fix though working with nVidia surround does not seem to work with Eyefinity.

If I launch the game with the fix turned on I get the 21:9 default like the game would do without the fix. I then go into the settings and change to 5760x1080 apply, relaunch game and it will fill the whole 3 screens but all the menus disappear off screen into the top wight corner.

Anyone else running AMD and tried besides me?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 11:31 

Arkayn wrote:
This fix though working with nVidia surround does not seem to work with Eyefinity.

If I launch the game with the fix turned on I get the 21:9 default like the game would do without the fix. I then go into the settings and change to 5760x1080 apply, relaunch game and it will fill the whole 3 screens but all the menus disappear off screen into the top wight corner.

Running on AMD, fix is not working for me either

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 19:17 

Xickle wrote:
Arkayn wrote:

Running on AMD, fix is not working for me either

It works fine for me with AMD R9 290 using Catalyst 14.9 WHQL with only a minor issue that some of the left upper texts are under the bezel because I use 6048x1080 BC resolution.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 19:51 

Thanks for the fix it works great!!

middle earth shadow of mordor rating 3d not recommended SHIZ!

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 22:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyone getting the problem with the Army menu - where you select Orcs etc. Once the War Chiefs get introduced into the main story, but menu is stuck in a higher position. I spoke to Hayden about it, but I was wondering if anyone else has come across this?

Hayden's fix:
Attachment:
2014-10-04_00001.jpg
2014-10-04_00001.jpg [ 558.44 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

What it should be like (1920x1080):
Attachment:
2014-10-04_00004.jpg
2014-10-04_00004.jpg [ 223.07 KiB | Viewed 2704 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 23:15 

I have the same problem, kinda game breaking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next