Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 06:50 
I Donated
I Donated

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:
There might be a day one patch when the game is activated on Steam.

I'm just hoping they don't do what was done in Assassin's Creed 4, and give those ugly black bars across multiple monitors.

I never noticed that...is that fixed? I haven't played it, but didn't notice it from day one.

If you had three 16:10 monitors in surround (5760x1200) then the game would still lock it at 3x 16:9 and give these ugly black bars on the top and bottom of all three monitors. It was never fixed by Ubi, but HaYDeN and others fixed it for them.

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 18:57 

Amon Amarth wrote:
Toothless Spoon wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

I'm just hoping they don't do what was done in Assassin's Creed 4, and give those ugly black bars across multiple monitors.

I never noticed that...is that fixed? I haven't played it, but didn't notice it from day one.

If you had three 16:10 monitors in surround (5760x1200) then the game would still lock it at 3x 16:9 and give these ugly black bars on the top and bottom of all three monitors. It was never fixed by Ubi, but HaYDeN and others fixed it for them.

Stupid, idiotic, retarded, lazy devs. Just add/change a few lines of code to make it work, right? It's not more difficult than that, is it? If a few older games support 16:10 right out of the gate, then why should these stupid newer releases be such unversatile pieces of stink garbage?

•ASUS Rampage III Extreme•
•Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 3 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz (6-8-6-24-1T)•
•PNY GTX 670 3-Way SLI•
•Crucial M4 256GB•
•Windows 7 Home Premium 64•
•(2)Corsair HX1000 1000W PSUs•
•(3)ASUS VW266H 25.5" 1920 x 1200 monitors in Nvidia Surround•

YouTubeGoogle PlusFacebookBlogger

PostPosted: 25 May 2014, 22:13 

Any update on this or are we going to have to wait for the 27th / Official release date ?

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 06:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Amon Amarth wrote:
Toothless Spoon wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

Ah, yeah I have 16:9 monitors - but yeah - ubisoft "whoever" isnt getting my business for the next assassins, and splinter cell for that matter. I'm over these games that don't give me more options - why is it so freaking hard to provide fov/camera options. Splinter Cell Blacklist still flickers when using Sli - it's ridiculous.

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 10:01 
Administrators
Administrators

Detection wrote:
Any update on this or are we going to have to wait for the 27th / Official release date ?

The game is NOT OUT YET, and we will nether support nor condone piracy or pirate versions, whether before or after release. Since the game isn't officially out yet you can not expect our modders to have a copy yet. Have some patience.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 16:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Skid wrote:
Detection wrote:

The game is NOT OUT YET, and we will nether support nor condone piracy or pirate versions, whether before or after release. Since the game isn't officially out yet you can not expect our modders to have a copy yet. Have some patience.

Exactly.

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 22:16 

I bought it I can play it via Uplay, if they would really care they might still block it like on steam. Don´t like to be called a pirate with hunderds of legally bought games around me just because I got it a few hours earlier in Europe...

Aside from that, I of course have patience, can´t play it the way it is released anyway.

Messed around with the "GamerProfile.xml" (reminds me of FarCry3 I guess) a bit and ForceWidescreen="1" WidescreenFOV="1" but it seems not to do anything. Aside from that it feels like Wolfenstein. Hopefully all the floating zoomed-in HUD elements and the radial menu are not causing too much trouble.

PostPosted: 27 May 2014, 01:25 
I Donated
I Donated

There have been numerous reports of certain other CDKEY venders having already distributed keys for Watch Dogs. It seems uPlay has allowed them to download the game and play it ahead of everyone else. But not everyone is in the same boat. Places like GMG don't release (supposedly) until midnight PDT.

PostPosted: 27 May 2014, 03:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyone tried playing with the settings in the config?

PostPosted: 27 May 2014, 05:56 
Editors
Editors

I've been messing with settings. So far I can either get it go be vert- if it automatically detects the aspect ratio or stretched if I tell it 16:9 or 21:9. Going borderless (which I have success in other games) forces it into vert-.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next