Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2016, 22:51 

Widescreen works perfectly, but there's just a little thing with the FoV. cg_fov/seta cg_fov works "fine" too, the field of view certainly changed and became wider but the thing is, the weapon viewmodel stays the same; being cut off at the bottom. No matter what FoV I change to; from 90 to 60 to 106.29 to 120; the weapon viewmodel remains unchanged. I can barely see the Q3's Gauntlet weapon's saw blade, and only the tip of the Rocket Launcher. This problem persists across all games that uses Quake 3's engine.

iirc the only game that has its weapon viewmodel changing according to the cg_fov is Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (and even then it doesn't work in multiplayer and had to be entered every change of levels).

Last edited by PikaCommando on 16 Jan 2016, 03:57, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 04:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Interesting. Unreal Engine fairly often does this too.
The only accessible fix is Flawless Widescreen type (memory edit). But you may be hard-pressed to find quake-engine games in FWS. I have not looked...

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 03:55 

imusrt wrote:
Interesting. Unreal Engine fairly often does this too.
The only accessible fix is Flawless Widescreen type (memory edit). But you may be hard-pressed to find quake-engine games in FWS. I have not looked...

That's odd, I have no problem with Unreal Engine games, save for UT2003/2004 that has the 100 FOV limit (but iirc it still works temporarily if you use the console command).

Anyone experiencing the same issue with idtech 3 engine games, or know the solution to it?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 08:07 

The console commands you are looking for are, gunz, gunx and guny. Now if I remember correctly these are considered cheats. On Raven Software IDTech 3 games the commands are
cg_gunz ,x, and y. Hope this helps.