Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Phantasy Star Online 2
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 18:43 

Didn't see this really talked about here, so creating this topic.

The ini file allows you to manually place nearly all the menu items on a horiztonal/vertical pixel reference, and none of the UI except the announcements suffer from any sort of stretching. Unfortunately, not all the UI elements seem to be able to be moved in this way, and some elements don't seem to stick. (Perhaps buggy implimentation). UI aside, the game seems to support widescreen quite well.

Using nvidia's 3d vision is similar. Good support from the start. All the menu items are rendered properly and don't result in the usual issue of having to switch visual depth. But shadows are 2d, and so are the nameplates that hover above all player/npc characters. There is no setting to disable shadows. Neither ini nor in the config itself.

So my question/request is thus:

-There is another ini file that appears encoded. It might have the changes I need, but would anyone know a possible way to open it and save it without breaking it?
-Due to no noticeable way to simply disable shadows, I attempted to use Helix's fix, but the game crashes shortly in. I did manage to use the debug one and get a log printout, but I can't make much sense of it, or if that'd even be useful due to GameGuard. Ideas?

I attached the log from the d3d9 and the ini file with a .txt extention in case anyone wanted to take a look.

Attached files LOG.txt (7.4 MB) PSO2JPini.txt (418 B)