Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 May 2024, 16:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 03:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey Guys, just started playing the final version of Mass Effect 3 it suffers the same issues the demo had(before fixed), so I am sure a modified version of widescreenfixer will do the job.

If you have the game pre ordered and pre loaded you can play it now:

proxy --> 222.118.167.142 port 80 just change this in your connections settings in IE, unlock the game then switch back the proxy and play.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 09:08 

Yes, it's unfortunate isn't it?

It's quite a serious offender in terms of FOV, etc. Everything is clearly in "See Everything From Your Couch" mode.

The funny thing is, even if you -wanted- to sit back a ways on your PC to play, you would need wireless KB/M combo to do so, because there is no gamepad support either. (I'm not usually a gamepad fan, but if I start to get nauseous or dizzy from the offending FOV/Resolution, then I plug one in and sit back. Assassin's Creed i.e., is really bad in that regard because of the vertigo inducing wild camera, even in eyefinity.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 20:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey Guys, just started playing the final version of Mass Effect 3 it suffers the same issues the demo had(before fixed), so I am sure a modified version of widescreenfixer will do the job.

proxy --> 222.118.167.142 port 80 just change this in your connections settings in IE, unlock the game then switch back the proxy and play.

Awesome;)) Now I can finally play some ME3 In surround;)) As for the fix I will create one...just not sure that I want to release it publicly :P :))))

Thank for the info;)) Couldn't find it in my 10001 messages;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:valcan_s
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 22:06 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hey Guys, just started playing the final version of Mass Effect 3 it suffers the same issues the demo had(before fixed), so I am sure a modified version of widescreenfixer will do the job.

Awesome;)) Now I can finally play some ME3 In surround;)) As for the fix I will create one...just not sure that I want to release it publicly :P :))))

Yay, installed and ready...but I'm not going to play until Multi has a fix :P

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 22:31 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Hey Guys, just started playing the final version of Mass Effect 3 it suffers the same issues the demo had(before fixed), so I am sure a modified version of widescreenfixer will do the job.

Ok...I've waited about 5 seconds which should be plenty of time for Helifax to make his fix....HELIFAX!!! :P :P

Post subject: Toothless Spoon
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 00:52 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote][quote]Hey Guys, just started playing the final version of Mass Effect 3 it suffers the same issues the demo had(before fixed), so I am sure a modified version of widescreenfixer will do the job.

Ok...I've waited about 5 seconds which should be plenty of time for Helifax to make his fix....HELIFAX!!! :P :P

Hehe:)) Fix is done;)) Still need some tweaks here and there but fixed:

- Centered HUD the same as in the demo. Some markers might not be properly alligned
- Fixed the following FOVs: Normal, Running, Cover. I like the closeup for AIM though so I will not modify this
- Fix still needs to be enabled once you reach the MAIN MENU, or when REVERTING to MAIN MENU

Not Fixed: Scaling of persons in menus:)

Still writing the plugin for WSF. I have the N7 Digital Edition from Origin. Others with other type of packages be advise IT Might WORK OR NOT ;)) I will release the plugin tomorrow evening, after I have it properly working.

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 02:00 

please release it :)

lack of widescreen and this terrible console FoV is killing me :(

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 02:12 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote][quote][quote]Hey Guys, just started playing the final version of Mass Effect 3 it suffers the same issues the demo had(before fixed), so I am sure a modified version of widescreenfixer will do the job.

Hehe:)) Fix is done;)) Still need some tweaks here and there but fixed:

- Centered HUD the same as in the demo. Some markers might not be properly alligned
- Fixed the following FOVs: Normal, Running, Cover. I like the closeup for AIM though so I will not modify this
- Fix still needs to be enabled once you reach the MAIN MENU, or when REVERTING to MAIN MENU

Not Fixed: Scaling of persons in menus:)

Still writing the plugin for WSF. I have the N7 Digital Edition from Origin. Others with other type of packages be advise IT Might WORK OR NOT ;)) I will release the plugin tomorrow evening, after I have it properly working.

Best Regards,
Helifax

hahaha I knew it! The wiz...Although I'm pretty sure this would have warranted a sick day to complete it and get it out :P So it looks like I'll be waiting till tomorrow to play this bad boy! Thanks by the way :)

Post subject: coalesced.bin fix
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 02:18 

until that, however, use this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5j74c4n4c4b4h05

modified coalesced.bin, made by my humble self, increases fov, and doesn't break zooming.
some "user input" is required during conversationscutscenes though.
available in fov 75-110, easily modified to fit your requirements. see readme file for more details.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 03:09 
Insiders
Insiders

until that, however, use this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5j74c4n4c4b4h05

modified coalesced.bin, made by my humble self, increases fov, and doesn't break zooming.
some "user input" is required during conversationscutscenes though.
available in fov 75-110, easily modified to fit your requirements. see readme file for more details.

is this for multi monitor? or single? Because I'd say the full release will be the same as the demo in the fact that nvidia uses have zoomed in menus after the main, so I can't create/import characters etc. So unless this works on the menu's also then I have to wait :( I'm not going to play single...I can wait :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next