Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 May 2024, 14:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Cool, Helifaxs previous
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 21:25 

Cool, Helifaxs previous solution worked fine with bezels, I'm sure its a minor tweak is all thats needed.

Post subject: I remember using bezel
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 21:49 

I remember using bezel compensation with haydens fix and the menu screen was not centered

Post subject: helifax wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 22:45 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Hi all,

Doing some minor tweaks and the fix will be ready:)

Fixed so far

- Books , no longer require a toggle. Now work 100% (Scrolls too). Minor bug found when using Xbox0360 controller: After viewing a book the hud moves to the left. It can be repositioned by pressing Start button twice. For Mouse+ Keyboard this doesn't happen...weird.
- Map is functional 100% no toggles are required. Map is now proper scaled and markers work correctly. Minor bug is when clicking on a marker: The menu appears on the right monitor but is 100% workable.
- Correct Aspect Ratio and full usage of skill menu. Skills are now properly displayed. Hud is properly displayed. Minor bug: Navigation with the mouse in the skill tree is wrong. I recommend the keyboard. Once a skill is selected to invest in the menu appears and the selection can be done with the mouse.
- Items are automatically scaled and centered based on your resolution.[b]
- [b]Hud is centered.
Sometimes when reverting from MAP the onscreen elements might appear on the left monitor. Hit ESC 2 times to correct this.
- Updated to work with the latest WSF build (big thanks to dopefish)
- Support for monitors starting from 2- 1001 monitors with nVidia Surround & Eyefinity Autodetection (thanks to WideScreen Fixer and dopefish for this)
- Text and icons in Loading Screens are now correctly displayed. Minor bug is found only when pressing Continue from Main Menu...
- Looking into an automatic way to start the fix once the game was found.

- The game required alot of modifications to make it work "natively". All modifications are made in the games engine.

Best Regards

Hi all!!!

I have finished tweaking it.. Please read the above description if you run into trouble.

At the moment it doesn't feature automatic activation of the fix (Still need to talk with dopefish and see how this is possible). So enable the fix WHEN the Bathesda INTRO MOVIE is playing....NOT Sooner, NOT later or you will run into unexpected behavior which is not correct.

- Grab WideScreen Fixer from http://www.widescreenfixer.org/
- Download the plugin from this post and put it in WSF's "Plugins" folder.
- Select the plugin and hit the GEAR icon.
- Autodection should work However if you have problems set your resolution manually.
- Click on SAVE Settings [b]
- Launch game and wait for the "Bathesda movie" to appear.
- Enable the fix. Default key is numpad *.

Please test it and let me know how it works for you:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Plugin is back online:) This one should work :) I also updated it and the bezels shouldnt be a problem now. Again, [b]VERY IMPORTANT

- Enable the FIX during the Bathesda INTRO movie - IF the main menu is not correctly scaled REDO until it works. Otherwise elements will not be correctly placed.

Best Regard,
Helifax

PS: If the fix doesn't work you are doing something wrong so retry.

Attached files Plugin.The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.rar (11.4 KB)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: helifax wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 23:03 

[quote][quote]Hi all,

Doing some minor tweaks and the fix will be ready:)

Fixed so far

- Books , no longer require a toggle. Now work 100% (Scrolls too). Minor bug found when using Xbox0360 controller: After viewing a book the hud moves to the left. It can be repositioned by pressing Start button twice. For Mouse+ Keyboard this doesn't happen...weird.
- Map is functional 100% no toggles are required. Map is now proper scaled and markers work correctly. Minor bug is when clicking on a marker: The menu appears on the right monitor but is 100% workable.
- Correct Aspect Ratio and full usage of skill menu. Skills are now properly displayed. Hud is properly displayed. Minor bug: Navigation with the mouse in the skill tree is wrong. I recommend the keyboard. Once a skill is selected to invest in the menu appears and the selection can be done with the mouse.
- Items are automatically scaled and centered based on your resolution.[b]
- [b]Hud is centered.
Sometimes when reverting from MAP the onscreen elements might appear on the left monitor. Hit ESC 2 times to correct this.
- Updated to work with the latest WSF build (big thanks to dopefish)
- Support for monitors starting from 2- 1001 monitors with nVidia Surround & Eyefinity Autodetection (thanks to WideScreen Fixer and dopefish for this)
- Text and icons in Loading Screens are now correctly displayed. Minor bug is found only when pressing Continue from Main Menu...
- Looking into an automatic way to start the fix once the game was found.

- The game required alot of modifications to make it work "natively". All modifications are made in the games engine.

Best Regards

Hi all!!!

I have finished tweaking it.. Please read the above description if you run into trouble.

At the moment it doesn't feature automatic activation of the fix (Still need to talk with dopefish and see how this is possible). So enable the fix WHEN the Bathesda INTRO MOVIE is playing....NOT Sooner, NOT later or you will run into unexpected behavior which is not correct.

- Grab WideScreen Fixer from http://www.widescreenfixer.org/
- Download the plugin from this post and put it in WSF's "Plugins" folder.
- Select the plugin and hit the GEAR icon.
- Autodection should work However if you have problems set your resolution manually.
- Click on SAVE Settings [b]
- Launch game and wait for the "Bathesda movie" to appear.
- Enable the fix. Default key is numpad *.

Please test it and let me know how it works for you:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Plugin is back online:) This one should work :) I also updated it and the bezels shouldnt be a problem now. Again, [b]VERY IMPORTANT

- Enable the FIX during the Bathesda INTRO movie - IF the main menu is not correctly scaled REDO until it works. Otherwise elements will not be correctly placed.

Best Regard,
Helifax

PS: If the fix doesn't work you are doing something wrong so retry.

Oh Goodness, Wow....Thank you so very much! Looks absolutely Beautiful, Helifax. It brought a damn tear to my eye. :rockout

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 23:15 

I'm getting an error when I try to click on settings.

Method not found: 'Int32 Librar.detectdisplays.detectdisplays.get_displayCount()'.

Stack Trace:
at Plugin.The_ElderScrolls_V_Skyrim.Configuration

Goes on quite a bit. I have no issues using the WSF for other games.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 23:20 

Yeah, that solved it Helifax. Thanks. Nice work.

Post subject: Thank you Helifax
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 23:24 

Thank you Helifax :santa: