Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Matrix: Path of Neo
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2005, 17:50 
Editors
Editors

I have to admit, I've been cynical about games based on the Matrix - but this one looks like it might be worthwhile picking up...

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2005, 19:35 
Founder
Founder

I have to admit, I've been cynical about games based on the Matrix - but this one looks like it might be worthwhile picking up...

Hehe, yea me too. For some mysterious reason Paddy's screen comparisons always make me want to go out and pick that game up. :)

Here's a link to a review:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/media/relatedmedia.asp?pf_id=256860&element_id=A6139602&intDeptTab=2

Still a few issues going on. :?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2005, 19:55 
Editors
Editors

:lol: :lol: :lol:
For some mysterious reason Paddy's screen comparisons always make me want to go out and pick that game up. :)

You've been PaddyWak-ed .... :lol:

I haven't gotten into the game yet ... I'm really busy with my work ... 10 paintings on the go at once and a couple of exhibitions to attend in the next week or so ... but I just had to fire it up to see if WS worked.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 07:13 

i only see 3 options for the resolution...which one do i choose for WS???

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 11:12 
Editors
Editors

Hello ...
Very strange ... I'm offered 6 resolutions.

What are you offered ?
Have you tried what kyleb said ...
Turns out the aspect ratio is stored in the the "PON Settings4" file and by deleting that and starting the game with a widescreen resolution I now have proper widescreen working.

Also ... for those in the UK there is another minor problem ... I got this from the Atari UK website ...

Issue:
If you are having problems changing either the Resolution or the Render Detail in the game Matrix Path of Neo please do the following:

For experienced users please browse to C:Program FilesAtariThe Matrix - Path of Neo

If you cannot locate the folder please follow the instructions below:

Left Click on the Windows Start Button

Left Click on My Computer

Double Left Click on the C: drive (Please note this may also have a title such as Local disk C:)

Double Left Click on the Programs File Folder

Double Left Click on the Atari Folder

Double Left Click on the The Matrix - Path of Neo Folder

Look for the file called MatrixConfig or MatrixConfig.INI

Right Click and choose properties

Un-tick the box that says Read Only

Click apply

Now restart the game and change the Brightness, Rendering Detail and Resolution accordingly.

I hope this helps ... :D

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 18:13 

well..i tried that...it didn't work...but i did get the resolution i wanted..this is what i did

i went to the config file...and i saw the other 6 resolutions u were talking about..i actually found 9 there...6 4:3 and then 3 WS resolutions...under it there is a line that says "Resolution =X" where X is the number choice for the resolution that is there...i put a number that showed the resolution above...saved...closed...and wen i started the game...it started and worked in that resolution...thanks for helping me get to that file tho!!! 8) 8)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005, 21:34 

GREAT finally i ll get to use my new monitor

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2005, 04:44 

i went to the config file...and i saw the other 6 resolutions u were talking about..i actually found 9 there...6 4:3 and then 3 WS resolutions...

same as i have.... but what if the only 2 resolution you can have in widescreen are not in the 3 little one they suggest?!? i am still trying a few things... but im not sure if im gonna succeed...

seems to me that the game supporst 1080i, Y-res higher than 768 and nothing in 720p, ... if someone finds anything please report it here!! :)

thx!
laterZ
-=FireHawkX=-

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2005, 08:23 

I'm not quite sure how it works, but I am now using a 4:3 resolution with the game runing in widescreen mode so it looks proper when stretched to 16:9. It has something to do with the way the config file sets itself up as if I delete that I have to start the game with a widescreen resolution the first time or else it is always 4:3 reguardless of what resolution I run. So given that, my settings file might do the trick for those having trouble.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2005, 00:39 

how can you strech a 4x3 resolution to a widescreen monitor???
i'd be very gratefull if i could only manage THAT! :)