Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 22:31 

Any possibility of a new download link? :3 Thanks muchly! :D

Post subject: No fix?
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 16:07 

I take it that the problem with this resolution hack won't get fixed at this point? It seems to have been more than 6 months since the OP last posted that he would look into the problem with the erroneous demand for output.txt.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 16:01 

Is there a fix to have a working widescreen exe "battlegrounds_x1.exe" with BattleGround Missions Campaign IV V VI.
Because with the "SWGBWide patch", the game crash after launching Campaign IV V VI. (But it work with Clone Campaign Missions and standard game and multiplayer game).

so it will be cool if bugs can be solved in next release.

I have try to use lasted source code from here : http://www.boekabart.net/page/Star+Wars+GB

But i have the same result, so i think this is a DRS patch error.
it seem to be with the rebuild "INTERFAC.DRS" file nameofreolution.drs

Is there a way to included a windows mod fix too, like Age of empire 2 with VEGMod ?

Thanks for advance for your answer,

I would like to say to "boekabart" thank you to build a widescreen patch for this old, but fun game !!!

Post subject: Any news about this?
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 13:32 

Any news about this?

Post subject: Thanks devs!
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 05:37 

Firstly I would like to say thanks to the developers of these great fixes, I have been using the AoE2Wide fix for a few months now and love it. I would also like to use the fix for Galactic Battlegrounds, mostly for multiplayer so the missions not working issue won't really affect me. However, it appears that the dropbox link for SWGBWide.exe is down, and I have no idea how to compile the file myself from the source code. If anyone could post or PM me with a working link to the file I would really appreciate it! Thanks,
frankyman

EDIT: I figured out how to make the files uploaded by pokeman7452 work! Place the drs files in the GameData folder and the exe in the Game Folder. Launch the game, and when you get into a game it will only take up a small portion of the screen while the rest is pink. Press f10, go into game settings and then select a different resoultion, usually 1280x1024. This will re initialize the game and it will run in the desired res. A good temporary fix to get higher resolutions until SWGBWide.exe becomes available again :)

For those who can't get this to work, here are some random bits of data that may or may not be pre-patched .exes and .drs :wink:

1280x720
1280x768
1280x800
1600x900
1920x1080

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2012, 20:35 

Alright guys - Does anyone still have the SWGBwide.exe patch? I've looked everywhere, but it appears that the original download locations have expired.

Would love to get this game working under widescreen.

Many thanks~!

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2013, 15:49 

I have re-updated the first post with the latest patch and instructions after the WSGF database crash wiped out the updated post. The latest release fixes the output.txt errors and the D/L links have been updated.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2013, 13:09 

TheWiz wrote:
There's no reason it shouldn't work accross all three screens. What happens with two monitors plugged in. Also the 800x600 viewport when running the exe happens because u need the batch to run in the right screen mode (1280x1024 option in game)

Try some standard resolutions like 1920x1200 etc, then try adding in your second screen and post results. because its based on the AOEII patch it could very well be the actual patching procccess that isn't patching values for that high res correctly.

Thanks,
TheWiz

Hey TheWiz, any chance that you will fix the original game with the widescreen patch? It seems to crash when loading the original game and also are you still planning to make the gui in widescreen as in the main screen when you first load the game? You'v done an excellent job so far and was curious if you plan to keep working on the widescreen to make this game work in all the areas that hasn't been touched yet? Anyways thank you for the patch so far.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2013, 23:35 

Hi there,

The main screen where you set options before the widescreen gameplay cannot be changed - the way direct draw works it isn't patchable. As this doesn't affect gameplay however, I'm not all that concerned about it.

As for the original game, you bring up a good point. I always play the clone expansion which is why I initially did not focus on it but it should be added to the features. I am not sure when I will be able to address this issue but I will certainly keep it in mind.

Regards,
TheWiz

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2013, 15:04 

TheWiz wrote:
Hi there,

The main screen where you set options before the widescreen gameplay cannot be changed - the way direct draw works it isn't patchable. As this doesn't affect gameplay however, I'm not all that concerned about it.

As for the original game, you bring up a good point. I always play the clone expansion which is why I initially did not focus on it but it should be added to the features. I am not sure when I will be able to address this issue but I will certainly keep it in mind.

Regards,
TheWiz

Ah, I see. Yeah, it's not really a big deal for e main menu, just curious if it can be done but otherwise I'd care about the gameplay more anyways and can't wait till you get around to it someday, would really love to play the original campaigns in widescreen, anyways keep up the good work Wiz and thanks again for the awesome patch so far, hope this project doesn't die off completely and that you can finish the original widescreen patch some day :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next