Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2014, 23:41 
Editors
Editors

zeyrok wrote:
Is this the right Value for 21:9 Aspect Ratio?

Decimal AR Common Name Formatted Value
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2.33 (21:9) C3 F5 10 40
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Resolution ist 3440 x 1440 -> 700D x A005

Correct me if i am wrong.

Hex C3 F5 10 40 = 2.265

2.33 AR should be = hex B8 1E 15 40

Resolution looks correct

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2014, 01:16 

Since I'm not having any luck with Spellforce (might be a tougher cookie) I tried my luck with another request I made some time ago, Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, a game with 3 resolutions, 4:3 and 5:4 AR. I searched for the res. values and after a couple of trials and errors I managed to find the correct ones, changed them to fit my resolution but the image/hud is not scaling properly.

http://i.minus.com/iHHCeBmN4fK6m.png
http://i.minus.com/iLGcrJe7jytNE.png
http://i.minus.com/iDXlTh342p8lF.png

The tutorial also mentions that I need to change the AR to fit WS resolutions but I cannot change what I cannot find. 1600x1200 = 4:3 AR = AB AA AA 3F

What should I do?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 22:15 

I've been scouring the net trying to find answers to my questions regarding HEX editing, however I fear I'm just too dumb to figure this out on my own.

Unfortunately the links to the FOV calculators that are listed in this post no longer work, nor do the images that Apolodoro posted.

I was hoping someone would be able to make up a guide with screenshots on how to locate the proper hex line in order to change the FOV and the proper hex line to adjust the resolution

Preferably I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the HEX code for a 21:9 3440x1440p monitor.

My hope is that one day I can help out others by modifying the exe files of these games in order to correct what the developers have broken/forgotten.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 04:25 
Editors
Editors

Hello Strata,

The FOV Tool link still works for me:
http://www.wsgf.org/fovcalc.php

Regarding hex editing, the locations to change in an executable will be different with every game. Did you have any particular games in mind, or are you looking for more general instructions?

GA

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 18:16 

Thanks for the Link to the FOV calculator, it looks like the Links Tanuki provided are just broken now.

In this particular instance I was trying to figure out how to edit the hex code for Assassin's Creed Liberation (Uplay Version) and Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Uplay version).

But I also was just trying to learn a bit more about Hex editing so that I can fix any other games I may run across in my library. My hope is that I could make fixes for others and ease the pain of early adoption thus allowing more people to make the leap. This site was a huge help to me back when 16:10 aspects were starting to emerge back in 2003(2005?) and I'd like to give back and help out those moving forward with the new 21:9 aspect which I'm sure will be common place five years from now just like 16:10 was (granted five years later 16:9 became the norm).

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:35 

Is it possible to use this to try to make God Eater to run in 21:9?

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2018, 15:23 

I understand how the HEX resolutions are created. I can't understand though how the aspect ratios are converted to HEX. I have a 32:10 display with a 3840x1200 resolution, and I want to replace the "398EE33F" value in MGS V with the one that corresponds to my 32:10 ratio.
Could someone explain this to me please?