Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 09:48 

Hey, I am about to re-play NOLF again - after a long time. I do have a widescreen display - 16:10 aspect ratio and 1680x1050 resolution, so the vanilla NOLF looked pretty bad. Then I tried your mod (NOLFdll.REZ) and it works perfectly! Thank you VERY much!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2011, 16:36 

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad it worked for you!

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 17:42 

I just finished the game. I have the GOTY edition, and the widescreen fix has been working great until the very last mission (the bonus one GOTY edition gets - Rest and relaxation), then it makes the name of the mission disappear (as in, it displays blank " " in mission select list, and when loading a samegame from that mission, it says " , Scene 1" instead of "Rest and Relaxation, Scene 1" etc.). Any ideas as to how that could be fixed? Other than that, awesome fix that made NOLF more enjoyable :)

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2011, 10:21 

I will try to take a look at this sometime this week.
Thanks for letting me know!

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 10:16 

I don't see a NOLFDLL.REZ in my NOLF GOTY folder to replace. Is there anything that this patch does differently than the URA mod?

BTW, if the stretched weapons in 1st-person view ever get fixed, that would be awesome!

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 12:21 

I will try to take a look at this sometime this week.
Thanks for letting me know!

Nice :)
Can't wait for the results!

I don't see a NOLFDLL.REZ in my NOLF GOTY folder to replace. Is there anything that this patch does differently than the URA mod?

BTW, if the stretched weapons in 1st-person view ever get fixed, that would be awesome!

Just copy it to your NOLF dir, and then when launching the game, do not click "Launch" right away, but go to "Advanced" and add "-rez NOLFDLL.REZ" to the Command Line box. Also, make sure that "Always specify these command-line parameters" is checked - so you do not have to set anything the next time you launch the game.

And yes, this mod works like a charm. It is much better than the URA's mod.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2011, 03:18 

Just copy it to your NOLF dir, and then when launching the game, do not click "Launch" right away, but go to "Advanced" and add "-rez NOLFDLL.REZ" to the Command Line box. Also, make sure that "Always specify these command-line parameters" is checked - so you do not have to set anything the next time you launch the game.

And yes, this mod works like a charm. It is much better than the URA's mod.

Thank you! :D

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 03:10 

I haven't had a chance to look at this again yet, but as soon as I can I sure will!
I've got both the normal release of NOLF as well as the GOTY edition (both installed to different dirs), and the fox.rez addon (those extra levels that they added to the GOTY edition)
is in my original NOLF dir.

Kronner, since I don't have a savegame near that point (and alas, don't have the time to play through the whole game), is there a way you can post a download link to a savegame just before that level?

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 10:40 

I haven't had a chance to look at this again yet, but as soon as I can I sure will!
I've got both the normal release of NOLF as well as the GOTY edition (both installed to different dirs), and the fox.rez addon (those extra levels that they added to the GOTY edition)
is in my original NOLF dir.

Kronner, since I don't have a savegame near that point (and alas, don't have the time to play through the whole game), is there a way you can post a download link to a savegame just before that level?

Of course!

https://rapidshare.com/files/1355035589/Slot10.sav

You need to shoot him twice, and he's really close to you in that save so it shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds :)

Thanks again for this widescreen mod!

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2011, 15:55 

Thanks, Kronner!

I've been trying to figure out how to reinitialize the camera system when you change resolutions, so that if you change from one aspect ratio to another (4:3 to 16:10 or 16:9 resolution) while in-game, the menus won't become fubar (haven't fixed that yet). I've got it listing the widescreen resolutions when in-game, but the menu-button graphics and background end up moving around.

Well, I'm in a class today and tomorrow, so I may have a bit of time in the evenings to look at this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next