Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 19:45 

Update on FOV: Still no go! I've tried adding "DefaultFOV( 80.000000 )" (without the small "f" after "FOV") to Video.scr and DebugConf.scr. I've also tried adding BOTH lines DefaultFOV and DefaultFOVf to Video.scr and DebugConf.scr one at a time, and both at the same time.....nothing. Alternatively, the guy on the other forum helping me, JonasBeckman, tried adding the DefaultFOV as a STRING extension to the shortcut to no avail.

Basically, everything we've tried doesn't work. It seems apparent that the FOV is either locked, we're using the wrong command, or it would have to be changed in the console editor (assuming there is one, seeing as how hitting the ~ key in-game does nothing...).

If ANYONE out there knows anything to changing the FOV, PLEASE, PLEASE save us!

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 21:25 
Editors
Editors

If ANYONE out there knows anything to changing the FOV, PLEASE, PLEASE save us!

lol x2, ill wait for this fov solution to finally buy this game :wink:

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 22:34 
Editors
Editors

The Chrome Engine is a b!tch when it comes to dealing with the FOV. Tanuki appears to have spent a fair amount of time trying to figure it out for Xpand Rally, and his conclusion was that there's much more than meets the eye : FOV settings are scattered here and there, buried in java files - see this thread. I tried fixing a number of Chrome Engine-based racing games myself, and there's even less stuff actually affected by manual edits in recent titles than in older ones. I'm afraid that might be the case for CoJ BiB, too : the obvious settings may be little more than dummies, while the real ones affecting the FOV are hidden, with no easy way out. So, well... good luck :(

BTW, is the FOV really too narrow or are you just annoyed at the sight of such a low value as 57 :?: (just asking)

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 16:45 

Well the FOV is a little narrow.Not like Halo 2 or Stranglehold that made me act like i was a boomer from L4D.But it still makes me uncomfortable and a little dizzy after playing for 15 minutes.A fix or a work-around would be nice though.Cheers!

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 16:06 

Any word on a FOV fix yet? I hate zoomed in crap. Stupid developers. :roll:

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 10:19 

The Chrome Engine is a b!tch when it comes to dealing with the FOV. Tanuki appears to have spent a fair amount of time trying to figure it out for Xpand Rally, and his conclusion was that there's much more than meets the eye : FOV settings are scattered here and there, buried in java files - see this thread. I tried fixing a number of Chrome Engine-based racing games myself, and there's even less stuff actually affected by manual edits in recent titles than in older ones. I'm afraid that might be the case for CoJ BiB, too : the obvious settings may be little more than dummies, while the real ones affecting the FOV are hidden, with no easy way out. So, well... good luck :(

BTW, is the FOV really too narrow or are you just annoyed at the sight of such a low value as 57 :?: (just asking)

Thanks for the info Scav. It's sad to hear about that. The dev's (or maybe the publisher, LUBIsoft, should be blamed!) really dropped the ball on this prequel. Instead of IMPROVING upon the first one, and adding upon it, they seemed to have taken a step BACK by REMOVING certain things (FOV, graphic tweaks, gameplay, MP features, admin control, etc.). Needless to say, I've about given up trying to find a tweak. That link you have there, Scav, is dead I'm afraid. But even then I don't think I'd waste anymore time on this game.

For the record, to answer your final question, it's both. The FOV is REALLY narrow, almost liked you're ZOOMED in constantly. It's, literally, like running around looking through binoculars.

^ Bump if anyone hacks this thing to pieces and gets FOV for TRUE widescreen support!

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2009, 02:23 

Looks like this game is dead in the water with no FOV fix. :(

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2009, 03:59 

Looks like this game is dead in the water with no FOV fix. :(

More like dead on ARRIVAL! This game was doomed from the time it hit store shelves! Actually, it was doomed the second LUBIsoft took on the role of "producer"/"publisher."

It should also be noted that after a full month of release, this game still has no patch and no dedicated server support, w/ none in the foreseeable future. Big damn shame as this game has (er, had) such immense, untaped potential.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009, 10:08 

While the FOV is a little confined, it's not as bad as some titles (Turok and Halo 2 come to mind) and is very playable, at least for me.

Also, the game is amazing, in my opinion... a true winner.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 03:18 

I just picked up this game this evening after getting "tired" of seeing my son and d-i-l playing "Red Dead Redemption" night after night. :D I needed a good Western game for my own enjoyment...not having my own 360 .... as yet. ;)

The game plays well on my Eyefinity setup. But, like others have posted, the cut scenes do "chop off the tops of peoples' heads."

But, on a positive note, the subtitles work well across all the screens. That is, instead of being rendered behind the bezels, the words actually break up so that I can see all the letters in the subtitles instead of parts being hidden/disappearing behind the bezels.

I never realized until tonight that the start of this game takes place in Atlanta, GA....where I have lived since 1983. Having references to the Chattahoochee River and the Civil War embankments really got my interest fast! I live very near Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, too. There's a lot of US History here in our area.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~