Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 17:54 

Thinking that since it has 3 resolutions available i might be able to change it to a custom res but not sure.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 07:27 

Thinking that since it has 3 resolutions available i might be able to change it to a custom res but not sure.

I can't seem to get it to run even 4:3 scaled anymore. That -window definitely doesn't work anymore either but it does make the game playable in 16-bit instead of 8-bit mode. So weird!

I'd also like to see a widescreen hack for this game.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 17:42 

Oooh, that widescreen hack would just rock. :rockout

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I can't even get the game installed, patched, and working, let alone worry about widescreen. :)

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 00:33 

I got the game working. If you need, I can help you with that. I'd rather you PM'd me since it's not part of this thread though.

A widescreen hack is very possible. I can even see it possible to literally remake the game as everything's able to be extracted from the files such as videos, sprites, audio, menu codes, menu images, and who knows what else.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2011, 13:59 

So, still no hack? :?
What problems have you got with installing and launching it? Maybe I can help.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 04:39 

I can get it to launch if I'm in 16-bit color and change my desktop res to a non-full-screen-resolution and then force the Catalyst drivers to do aspect ratio fixing so the game is going to work properly; at least, I think that worked. It's certainly a 2D game, but because of that, I'm sure there's a way to hack it so instead of 1024x768 max, you could do some higher res or even 1366x768.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2011, 15:32 

I tried to change res directly in memory, using CheatEngine (similar to ArtMoney, but has much more features) and got nothing but stretched interface and bugged picture :lol: Obviously it's not gonna work.
I don't see any other way but to disassemble and "crack" the game.exe but I have no idea how to do that.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 00:20 

Well you did make a good try. Maybe someone else has another tool. It's definitely stuff that's hard coded, but that doesn't mean there's no way around it.

PostPosted: 01 May 2011, 14:25 

I give a brief look at the game.
First of all you need to download "Quest patch" so you can run this game in Windows XP or later.

Game natively support max. resolution 1024x768.

In instalation folder there are two config files - "default.cfg" and "nox.cfg", if you open them in notepad
or any other text editor you will find line "VideoMode" where game stores resolution settings.
You could try modifing these lines and see if that helps. Also there is folder "window" in which are many .wnd files that defines look of game windows, one that may interest you is "options.wnd", you could try to modify this file to get ingame custom resolution setting.
In Windows Registry I didn't find anything useful.