Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 22:18 

Hello, I just tried the fix on GOG version. I am running on Mac, when I try to set the resolution to 1024 in game, it gives me a black screen. I don't know what to do please help.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 21:37 

vaal wrote:
Kamadas wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Any particular reason for no 1280xanything so I can stop or continuing looking for it?

Ty.

Hello. I am having the same issue. Did you find a fix?

Nop.

PostPosted: 01 May 2018, 13:18 

Jerolli wrote:
Does someone know some widescreen solution for pharaoh and Zeus Sierra's games? I can't put them in a 16/10 resolution :(
Those games are really great but with a widescreen resolution... :w00t

Please help, and sorry for my poor english...

thanks

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 15:02 

Hello everyone and huge thanks for all the patches already provided.

I just learnt that Zeus heavengames have released an unofficial patch to fix the slow gods animations:
http://zeus.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... fileid=967

Is it possible to add the widescreen fix on top of this new patch?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 19:16 

Hi all, author of the unofficial Zeus patch here. I have no experience creating widescreen patches, but please let me know if someone wants to make one for the unofficial patch: the changes I made to the GOG .exe were simple byte replacements.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2018, 08:23 

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if there is an answer, but I am trying to play Zeus on a laptop Dell XPS 15 (GeForce 960M). I took the 1920x1080 resolution (I copied the DATA folder and the .exe). The game is working, but I have no sidebar on the right (it's gone). My problem is similar to mistressman on page 25 (http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=14149&p=153077&hilit=zeus+sidebar#p153077).

Apparently mistressman didn't receive an answer, but perhaps somebody knows what I can try to make my sidebar appears again ? It will be really great !

Thanks a lot

Attachments:
7c97e1b3-add8-4bd4-b50c-b62feb26fae1.jpg
7c97e1b3-add8-4bd4-b50c-b62feb26fae1.jpg [ 516.42 KiB | Viewed 4795 times ]

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2018, 08:45 

thank you for helping to fix so many problems, but it doesn't work to me

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2018, 16:02 

so no 1280xAnything-patches so far : /
any 1024xAnything o: ?
edit: for c3

thank you to everybody working on keeping these amazing games alive :)

this is a very noobe question but i just got into all this:
i just bought c3 from GOG and i'm only able to start the game using the program DxWnd.

i tried a lot of the different possible settings DxWnd offers but the game's resolution is 800 x 600 and i can't do anything to change it.

any ideas :) ?

Last edited by JMoii on 29 Jul 2018, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2018, 09:54 

Thank you everybody for creating these custom resolution patches for these amazing old games. I am still playing them , especially Caesar 3 and Pharaoh. For both of them I am already using the 2560x1440 resolution patches and they work flawlessly , I have on my YT channel a full playthrough Caesar 3 list for both military and peacefull missions using the 2560x1440 resolution , whoever is interested you can check it. I recently bought a UHD monitor , 3840x2160 resolution and I was wondering if there are any patches so I can use them. If not , whenever some of you guys that created the previous patches can you please create them. Thank you a lot again for your hard work , you guys are great.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2018, 08:23 

I have just updated my Zeus Widescreen fixes pack. The changes I have made were to take the widescreen patched EXEs that I had packaged and integrated Pecunia's Unofficial Poseidon animation fix patch into them. As a result, you may now play Zeus in widescreen, windowed and with fixed animations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFKfOtOnEM

Furthermore, I have also created a script and EXE that you can use to patch your own Zeus.exe to have the animation fixes. Do note though that I've only tested it with the English GOG version of the game, it might not work with other distributions and languages. You can download my Zeus Widescreen fixes pack and packs for the other City Building Strategy games from my SourceForge page here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xjdhdr-random-code/files/Game_related_files/City_Building_Strategy_Games_Series_files/

Pecunia wrote:
Hi all, author of the unofficial Zeus patch here. I have no experience creating widescreen patches, but please let me know if someone wants to make one for the unofficial patch: the changes I made to the GOG .exe were simple byte replacements.

I've managed to patch the various widescreen patches to integrate your animation fixes as stated above. Thanks for fixing that long standing issue. I am curious though: I have no idea what you did to fix this problem; my skill is knowing how to use a hex editor and writing scripts in AutoHotkey. I saw that there are 69 instances where you replaced the byte 0x64 with 0x00. Would you be able to explain what exactly these edits accomplish? Thanks!

JMoii wrote:
so no 1280xAnything-patches so far : /
any 1024xAnything o: ?
edit: for c3

thank you to everybody working on keeping these amazing games alive :)

this is a very noobe question but i just got into all this:
i just bought c3 from GOG and i'm only able to start the game using the program DxWnd.

i tried a lot of the different possible settings DxWnd offers but the game's resolution is 800 x 600 and i can't do anything to change it.

any ideas :) ?

To everyone requesting additional resolutions for any of the games, I think your best chance of success would be to send a PM to one of the people that created these widescreen patches and politely ask them to make a patched EXE at your desired resolution.

As for your problems, I would first suggest trying to get the game working on your PC without DxWnd. This could be a potential cause of your game being limited to 800x600 and you shouldn't need it. I currently have Zeus running on my copy of Windows 10 x64 without compatibility issues.
Otherwise, you can try either open Zeus.inf (found in the location you installed Zeus) and edit the 17th byte to say 0x03 instead of 0x02 (the setting for 800x600) or you can download my Zeus Widescreen fixes pack above, copy "Zeus - Change Display Setting - Resolution - 1024x768 or Hacked resolution.exe" to the location you installed Zeus then run it.

Katsuni wrote:
I recently bought a UHD monitor , 3840x2160 resolution and I was wondering if there are any patches so I can use them. If not , whenever some of you guys that created the previous patches can you please create them. Thank you a lot again for your hard work , you guys are great.

Unless someone has created such a patch for that resolution without my knowledge, the answer is no. I would suggest sending a PM to one of the people that created the widescreen patch and politely request that resolution. JackFuste created the majority of the widescreen patches for C3, Space_man created the 1920x1080 patch and Crudelios created the 2560x1440 version you are using. I think JackFuste would be your best bet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next