Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Caesar III
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2012, 05:59 

Hello,

I am looking at the Caesar 3 exe file.
Jackfuste can you tell me what to do, where to look and what to change, to get desired results (Caesar 3 in widescreen)?

Thanks.

Regards

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 04:06 

I registered so I could post this. I have the GOG version of Zeus/Poseidon. I have 1366x768 res and the option in the folder is 1360x768. I tried both version 1 and 2 of this. I placed the exe in the folder and put the contents of the data folder into the data folder of the installed game. The game launches but it's not in widescreen. It's still in the boxed 1024x768. What am i doing wrong?

Post subject: Dipling wrote:Hello,I am
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 11:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello,
I am looking at the Caesar 3 exe file.
Jackfuste can you tell me what to do, where to look and what to change, to get desired results (Caesar 3 in widescreen)?
Thanks.
Regards

Caesar 3 requires correction values ​​in many places, and a new code to fix the interface. This is possible only using a debugger, you must examine the code to find resolution values and screen interface.
To learn how to use a debugger, I recommend to explore - http://ricardonarvaja.info/
These guides are specific to cracking programs, but they provide a good knowledge base that is needed to create a widescreen fixes.

I registered so I could post this. I have the GOG version of Zeus/Poseidon. I have 1366x768 res and the option in the folder is 1360x768. I tried both version 1 and 2 of this. I placed the exe in the folder and put the contents of the data folder into the data folder of the installed game. The game launches but it's not in widescreen. It's still in the boxed 1024x768. What am i doing wrong?

Are you sure that game runs at resolution 1360x768?
Take a screenshot and look at it resolution.
If its 1360x768 resolution and you still have black bars, then check display scaling settings.
If its resolution 800x600, then in game menu select resolution 1024x768, it will be replaced on 1360x768.

Post subject: I tried changing the
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 16:22 

I tried changing the resolution to 1024 and the screen just went black. I'll mess around with it more on my wifes computer as that's who I bought the game for anyway :) Am I doing it correct though? you add the contents of the data folder to the data folder and replace the exe?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 23:22 

Hello, first of all: Thanks a lot for your work on a widescreen solution for "Zeus and Poseidon" - one of my all time favorite games. It's great to be able to play this game widescreen! :-)

I own a monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and I have a small problem with the graphics after installing your ws-workaround: There's a little black block on top of the screen (right side) - see screenshot.
BTW: This problem does not occur, if I install the 1680x1050 files. Strange... Another problem: The ambient sound get's corrupted: You can only hear several sound files from time to time after installing the patch-files.

Maybe you can solve this? It would be great! :-)

Game-Version: Zeus + Poseidon by Gog.com, Screen-Res: 1920x1200, Card: GTX 560, Drivers: Nvidia 301.42

(Yes, In-Game-Resolution was set to 1024x768 and all files were installed correctly...)

Post subject: It looks damned good on
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2012, 07:41 

It looks damned good on widescreen I have to admit... though personally I am still waiting for news on the Emperor work that Jackfuste was doing a while ago.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2012, 17:27 
Insiders
Insiders

I own a monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and I have a small problem with the graphics after installing your ws-workaround: There's a little black block on top of the screen (right side) - see screenshot.

I will try to remake widescreen fix for Zeus and Poseidon and resolve interface problems.

It looks damned good on widescreen I have to admit... though personally I am still waiting for news on the Emperor work that Jackfuste was doing a while ago.

Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom - Detailed Report

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 13:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Quote:

I fixed interface for 1920x1200 resolution - Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

Last edited by jackfuste on 20 Jul 2015, 12:17, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: jackfuste wrote:Caesar 3
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 15:01 

Caesar 3 requires correction values ​​in many places, and a new code to fix the interface. This is possible only using a debugger, you must examine the code to find resolution values and screen interface.
To learn how to use a debugger, I recommend to explore - http://ricardonarvaja.info/
These guides are specific to cracking programs, but they provide a good knowledge base that is needed to create a widescreen fixes.

Was about to ask about the possibility of a fix for Caesar 3 but I guess you already tried. Would be great if a fix for Caesar 3 was possible, its the game that started it, the line of Impressions' awesome 2D City Building series, too bad I guess but regardless thank you jackfuste so much for taking the time to work on the rest of the games in the series, when no one else would because its so old and not that popular like regular RTS games like AOE etc. Hats off to you. :twothumb

Post subject: I've got a problem with
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2012, 16:47 

I've got a problem with displaying my native polish font. When I overwrite your .exe the resolution works fine, but I occur weird symbols such as %(@*#& etc. Looks like your resolution fix changes the Pharaoh_MM .eng format file. I made a backup and pasted it after your fix, still it changes a coding of the whole text. It's strange, because the Zeus fix works perfectly - even in polish. There's a screenshot with my issue below. And one more thing. I can't use your Cleopatra's fix, I guess you have a game 2in1 type with one .exe (Pharaoh.exe), right? I've got Cleopatra.exe, so it doesn't work. Any ideas? Cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 44  Next