Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2013, 14:04 

Hi everyone. I was searching something like Zeus HD edition or something, but didn't thought I not only find it for Zeus, but also for Pharoh and Emperor. I want to thank you, jackfuste. When I looking at the 1920x1080 screens, they looks just fabulous. A good 2D graphic is just immortal. I don't have a GOG version, but I decided to try your fix anyway. On the menus everything looked great, but when I start the game then I have similar problems (on 1360x768) like mario had, but in my case the side bar is set too much to the right.

And when we go to the world map, we can clearly see that menu bar is moved too much to the right side and we can see that behind it is our city.

I tried version1 and version2 from 7zip package for 1360x768 and on both I have the same problem. Jackfuste, is it possible to fix this (of course when you will be have time), or it is only on my version of game and I must live with it?

Once again thank you very much for what you did, you're great. When I once again will be plaing in Pharaoh or Emperor I will also try the rest of your fixes.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2013, 21:01 
Insiders
Insiders

MadPianist wrote:
Hi Jack, and thanks a lot for trying :-).

I just tried to launch Zeus with your file. Sadly, it does not really changes anything :-( (excepted for the resolution, of course).
The letter with diacritics are still somehow one line higher that their correct position (see the screenshots). And the long text are still badly positioned (see for example the second screenshot, the 'Commencer le scénario' button). Plus, strangely, every letter 'à' is replaced by 'ò' (see for example in the first screenshot the bottom-left button).
The only good news is that the panel seems to bi fixed now (no longer black, neither with a strangely distorted texture)

I took some screenshots for you to see what I mean.

Thanks again!

This fix (1920x1080) based on your Zeus.exe - Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)
- Diacritics should now display correctly.
Nighthanter wrote:
Hi everyone. I was searching something like Zeus HD edition or something, but didn't thought I not only find it for Zeus, but also for Pharoh and Emperor. I want to thank you, jackfuste. When I looking at the 1920x1080 screens, they looks just fabulous. A good 2D graphic is just immortal. I don't have a GOG version, but I decided to try your fix anyway. On the menus everything looked great, but when I start the game then I have similar problems (on 1360x768) like mario had, but in my case the side bar is set too much to the right.

Sidebar can't be located at an arbitrary position.
Try this version - Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

Last edited by jackfuste on 20 Jul 2017, 15:27, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2013, 22:29 

Thank you for your fast respnse :onethumb:

Okey I checked it and it fixed gradient on top bar and position of side bar, so now it looks great (both on city and world map). I see that you add a texture on the right side, but probably there was no other way. Overall everything is better now. I'm adding a screen how it looks now.

Maybe it would be good to add it to main package of all fixes as a version3 for 1360x768?

Once again, thank you for your great work.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2013, 17:13 

Hi all!

jackfuste wrote:
This fix (1920x1080) based on your Zeus.exe - Zeus.exe
- Diacritics should now display correctly.

This file does work perfectly :-)! The screen resolution is correct and everything is fine (the diacritics are well-positioned, and the positions/lengths of various text are also correct).
Thank you so much! Zeus is definitely a great game, I think, and it's really enjoyable to be able to play it correctly with a modern resolution.

One more once, thanks Jack!

Out of curiosity, what softwares do you use to determine which hexa values to change? I mean it's pretty easy to spot where the bytes encoding the resolution are, and how to change them, but some other bytes needs to be changed. Would you explain how to do that? How to determine which bytes to change, and what should be their updated value?
For example, do you simply use an hexa-editor (or hexa-diff), or do you also use a disassembler or a decompiler?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2013, 01:38 

jackfuste or space_man, if any of you guys could do a 1360x768 version of caesar 3 I would bow down on my knees and worship you for all eternity. :D

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013, 07:29 

I think its really awesome that you've gone thru so much trouble to modify these executables for everyone to get the game more enjoyable for them. My monitor resolution is 1600x900, and I know that yo already posted a modified .exe for Caesar III, and I did download it, but when using it The Game crashes right after the selection menu as it is loading the map and UI. I've tested it on 3 separate systems running XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 with the same results. Do you have any idea why this is happening? I haven't noticed anyone else complaining about it, so I'm assuming it's just me.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 10:24 

First of all many thank's for all u'r work Jack, I already play u'r exe patch for Zeus and Poseidon on 1900x1200 resolution, if u don,t mind can u make me exe for zeus and poseidon on 2880 x 1800 resolution. I really enjoy u'r work. thanks sorry for my english.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2013, 14:33 

HI, Dear jackfuste, I ask you for help to make zeus.exe Russian version of the game Zeus + Poseidon 1680x1050 that language is not displayed correctly, you can see it in the screenshots. Thanks in advance.

By the way as it is strange Pharaoh + Cleopatra works fine.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2013, 17:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Petrodinator wrote:
I have a problem with the Pharaoh Gold version 2.1 (Paharon + Cleopatra)
After implementing the WS fix (res works ok) there occured problems with the font (special language marks - polish).
Jackfuste, could you try to implement the widescreen (1920x1080) to polish version exe ?
Thank you!
Best regards

Fix for Polish Pharaoh Gold version 2.1
1920x1080 - Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)
1920x1200 - Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

Last edited by jackfuste on 20 Jul 2015, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2013, 20:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Rondoo wrote:
HI, Dear jackfuste, I ask you for help to make zeus.exe Russian version of the game Zeus + Poseidon 1680x1050 that language is not displayed correctly, you can see it in the screenshots. Thanks in advance.

For russian version 2.0 (Triada) - Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

Last edited by jackfuste on 20 Jul 2015, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 44  Next