Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 14 May 2024, 16:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Battlefield 2
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2005, 17:46 

I picked up the game today and was disappointed with no widescreen display options avaible. If anyone gets this going please post it.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2005, 19:52 

I got the game today also. Yeah, there was no Widescreen option so was worried but you don't need that option afterall, the game auto-detects somehow that you got a widescreen monitor and the Widescreen option is not needed for us Widescreen gamers. The highest video resolutions go up to 1600 x 1200 in the options menu in the game. I clicked on that and it set everything to HIGH settings and Custom and Anti-Aliasing was an option, i clicked 2x but still no Widescreen option.

I clicked on Singleplayer and then it goes into this Auto Optimization of your video card shaders for best performance. This takes a few minutes and it is automatic, nothing you can do. I think at this point the game is auto-detecting my hardware or something, that I am in widescreen mode, not sure. Each time you change the video settings it will do this auto-optimization of your shaders on your video card, hmmmm.

I chose my rifle and squad if you wanted them, and chose which side and got into the game. Instant Widescreen, no worries. It was already in Widescreen mode, sweet.

I'm happy :) Great game by the way, graphics are Half Life 2, and the soldiers look very life like and the technology is life like. Awesome!

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2005, 20:57 
Editors
Editors

Hey guys ... you should look in the PC Widescreen Solutions section ... :wink: ... you may be able to get widescreen resolutions ... it's not a perfect fix it is very playable fix ... :D

Here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/5692t=0

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2005, 22:55 

Hey guys ... you should look in the PC Widescreen Solutions section ... :wink: ... you may be able to get widescreen resolutions ... it's not a perfect fix it is very playable fix ... :D

"hey guys " Why did you include me in that reply? I got the game running in widescreen and at 1600 x 1200, how can you notice resolution quality any better than that anyways?

The game runs fine for me in Widescreen, thank you for your "hot tip".

:lol:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2005, 23:22 
Founder
Founder

See solution forum. Locked.