Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Homeworld 2
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2005, 20:21 

Hi guys...........

forgive me but I'm new here, just registered, and I'm new to the widescreen gaming world.

I have a Sharp LC26GD4U with a resolution of 1280x768, and I was trying to find a link to the solution of Homeworld 2, but I cant seems to find it.

....if anyone can help I would appreciat it!

Thanks

Emanuele

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2005, 21:02 
Editors
Editors

Welcome to the forum! :D

You want to add a commandline switch to the shortcut you use to run the game. Right click the shortcut and select properties.

The change the Target line so that it reads:
Code:
C:Program FilesHomeworld2BinReleaseHomeworld2.exe -w 1280 -h 768

or wherever you installed the game. You'll need to run it from that shortcut if you want to be able to use the res. :) Basically, you want to add -w [horizontal res] -h [vertical res] to the target line.

That's the fifth or sixth time that threads have vanished without a trace. There used to be three pages of solutions in the Solutions forum... :?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2005, 21:18 

Thank you so very much Mod :)

I really appreciate it!

We should prepare a letter, a petition, with signatures of the members here, to send to Computer Games companies to ask to start supporting widescreen resolutions natively in the games....

:)

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2005, 21:22 
Founder
Founder

That's the fifth or sixth time that threads have vanished without a trace. There used to be three pages of solutions in the Solutions forum... :?

A while back I did some rearranging and pruning, and nixed a couple by accident. That has been at least six months ago. I just checked and Autopruning as *NOT* turned on for this forum. I went in the master config for the forum and turned pruning off as a whole. Hopefully this will fix it.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2005, 21:35 
Editors
Editors

Thank you so very much Mod :)

I really appreciate it!

You're welcome. Glad to be of help. :D

A while back I did some rearranging and pruning, and nixed a couple by accident. That has been at least six months ago. I just checked and Autopruning as *NOT* turned on for this forum. I went in the master config for the forum and turned pruning off as a whole. Hopefully this will fix it.

Cool. I remember seeing the Homeworld 2 thread less than a fortnight ago, which is why I was a bit puzzled.

Thanks for the heads up, Ibrin. :)

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2005, 18:40 

Hi again there.....

I have a problem: changing the target line in the shortcut, it says that the path is not correct and does not let me save it...

:(

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2005, 19:40 
Editors
Editors

Code:
D:Homeworld2BinReleaseHomeworld2.exe -w 1680 -h 1050

The above is exactly what is in my target line (I install games on a second partition, never to 'Program Files' ;) ) Maybe try adding (or removing) quotes? Some shortcuts have quotes around the actual target.

Like this:
Code:
"D:Homeworld2BinReleaseHomeworld2.exe" -w 1680 -h 1050

If that doesn't work, try adding the commandline switch directly to the .exe file: it should work then, no matter what shortcut you use to the game. You could run it via the Run menu, too... navigate to where the .exe is. Start -> Run -> Browse -> Homeworld2 -> Bin-> Release -> click Homeworld2.exe, then add the " -w 1280 -h 768" line to the end.

Notice the space between the - and the .exe, and the w and 1, and 0 and -, and h and 7. You need all the spaces, or it screws up. :)

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2005, 21:08 

Once more....thank you so much!

I was putting those quotes at the end of the line after the screen size, and I had to put them as you said, at the end of the target...

thanks!

PS: are you the same paradigm shifter seeling stuff on [ H ] , I might be interested in some things... :)

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2005, 21:26 
Editors
Editors

You're welcome, glad it's sorted. :D

PS: are you the same paradigm shifter seeling stuff on [ H ] , I might be interested in some things...

No.

I don't frequent that forum, and I don't sell things, either.

:)

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2005, 01:02 

uh, oh...ok :)