Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2004, 05:04 

hello. like the forum. i just have a few questions. i know the native resolution of this monitor is 1680x1050. my videocard supports this, but bfv obviousliy does not. i've looked through several posts, but can't find a hack. i have seen people changing the resolutions in the config files. i've tried this, but how can you make sure you're running the correct resolution. since it cannot be selected, do you just assume the resolution is correct. is there anything else you can do to alter the games resolution to fit the dell? nothing appears stretched, but i was curious.

Secondly, my main concern is the monitor. I received a pretty decent on wiht minimal bleeding and pixel issues. what my question is, why does this monitor seem to lag when intense graphics are displayed on screen. no doubt everything appears great when there isn't a lot of motion on screen, but enter a helicopter, and engage someone, and it seemly gets blurry and seems to lag as well. is this just something you have to get used to or learn to dell wiht, or could i be missing a setting, driver, etc? this monitor has a pretty low response time, so i assume, from what i've read, that this monitor can run this game w/o issues. thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2005, 00:27 

hmm. i remember that i played bfv in 1280x720 (by editing the config file). after saving the file just start the game there is no need to select this resolution. it is already selected.
i remember one more thing: there is more than one config file. i think you have to keep an eye on which one you edit. i edited some user.cfg (or something like this) but as i had a joystick connected i had to edit joystick.cfg
perhaps you edited the wrong one and that's why you ask if you have to select the resolution after starting the game...

just looked it up:

goto gamesbattlefieldvietnammodsBfVietnamSettingsProfiles

there you see 3 (at least i do) directories:
custom, default and joystick

each directory includes a video.con file, mine looks like this:

rem *** Generated ***

game.setGameDisplayMode 1280 720 32 0
game.setDetailTexture 2
game.setShadows 0
game.setGraphicsQuality 4
game.setLightmaps 0
game.setGeometryQuality 3