Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Your favourites?
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2004, 23:53 

Hi, im new here; i have a 50' plasma tv and im going to buy a micro-case to mount a pc and play some games.

Could you guys recommend me the best wide screen games?, just to now wich ones to try first when i mount the computer.

Thanks!

P.S.- Its going to be a 1.5Gh P4, with a geforce4 ti4200, have in mind that doom3 or rome total war would kill my system :P

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2004, 03:55 

Ground Control 2 was/is fun. I was playing it for a while on hdtv. Although it sort of an RTS it lets you pause so i was able to use a gamepad. Of course mouse/keyboard would be best. You can also increase font sizes within game so text is readable. It has a good story with some cool cinematics and a demo is available.

UT 2004 would be mindless fun on hdtv and you could run botmatches with slomo to use a gamepad (for xbox effect).

Call of Duty would also be fun.

jh01bk : thanks for the info about nfs underground, i did not know that had been hacked. I'll have to try that.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2004, 03:55 

Any quake3 engine game is good. Medal of honour, soldier of fortune II, etc. (of course a nice wireless keyboard and mouse would be necessary for these in the living room). I also like the Grand Theft Auto (3 and VC) since you can play them with a controller, which is good for tv playing. Like racing? Try Need for speed underground or Midnight Club II. They both support WS right outta the box (and also fit your specs). It's a pity about EA sports games not supporting widescreen. Hopefully they correct that with NHL 2005, but I'm not holding my breath. Enjoy it, you bastard with your 50' tv .... geez ... I wish I had one! :D

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2004, 10:45 

thx guys, i already bought a wireless keyboard/mouse pack, i hate to control fps games with a pad; so i will try all those games.
Also i have a gamepad with analogic controls, so i can play consolish games, emulator and racing games.

Damn th¡s is gonna be awesome, im still waiting for mi micro-pc to arrive from the shop, when i get it and try it, ill let you know how it looks like :P

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2004, 23:40 
Editors
Editors

Jedi Knight 2, Warcraft 3, Age of Mythology, Hitman 2, Hitman Contracts, Dungeon Siege, The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights...

Knights of the Old Republic, too, if the hack works for you...

Can you tell I'm an RPG nut? :D

Oh, and GTA: Vice City, also Homeworld 2. :)