Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 23:34 

Hi all,

I have just bought a beast of a gaming machine and it's my first 4k system with a 4k monitor. I'm having a rather common (according to Google at least) but irritating issue. The words 'LEVEL UP' are permanently showing up in the game world and won't go away. From Googling, it's either a Skyrim UI or NVidia problem. Here is a pic:

http://imgur.com/A8jOwKB

I read that it's to do with higher resolutions, the UI and NVidia, and I followed the recommended fix by removing 'LEVEL UP' from the line in the Translate_English file as recommended here on the Steam forums:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/di ... 233749594/

^^ This fix works, but it causes other issues. When you press tab to enter the menu, the words 'LEVEL UP' for the option at the top are gone. When you also his max XP for your level and the bar turns blue and plays the level up sound, the words 'LEVEL UP' are also missing. So, in short, this fix does remove the words from the world screen, but it also removes all other 'LEVEL UP(s)' everywhere else.

The mod available on Nexus is out of date and does the same thing effectively, so it causes the same side effects.

I found an obscure solution on another website, where someone made a custom plugin for another user. I copied the dll file to my data folder and, when that didn't work, I pasted it to my SKSE - Plugins folder instead. That too didn't work. It fixed the scaling issues as shown in the original posters screenshots, but it did not fix my perma-'LEVEL UP' on screen issue . The plugin suggestion is here:

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/issues/60

I also tried Flawless Widescreen but it didn't change anything. Does anyone know of any settings on FWS that might fix this?

I'm desperate. I'm so OCD that playing with either the 'LEVEL UP' on screen, or the removal of the 'LEVEL UP' from the menu, both cause me great irritation. I'm using a 3840 x 2160 resolution on a 28" Iiyama 4k monitor with a 6GB MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming Graphics Card.

Please, does anyone know how to fix this without screwing up the menu?

Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 02:05 

Ah, SkyUI seems to fix the issue, and then SkyUI-Away lets me keep vanilla menus :D.