Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 10:08 

I have 3 27 inch monitors set to surround. I can play newer titles in 5760 x 1080 fine (state of decay, Metro 2033 & SWTOR). I understand some older games do not support it. I searched and found both Flawless Widescreen and Widescreen Fixer. So here is the issue. I tried both programs on Mass Effect 2 and 3 as a test. I can clearly see that both programs effect the way the picture looks (it changes it to a widescreen look ) , but it only shows this changed image on my center screen with no HUD. So on Mass Effect 2, the patch says during the EA / Bioware screen to enable the fix ( Widescreen Fixer ) When I do, I get zoomed out looking picture but only on my center monitor, and with no in game menu (start new game, continue etc.) Also Both left and right monitors shut off with no signal message. The same thing happens when I use Flawless widescreen. I really did try to solve this myself first before posting here. I found many mentions of this problem on the web, but no solution ever. I have seen videos and images of Mass Effect 2 on widescreen, but so far have found nothing but frustration trying to get this to work. I tried all the basic things I can think of to no avail. (changing to windowed and all other modes, checking if the 5760 x 1080 res becomes available, checking for a driver update ...) I am truly at a loss, please help :( Just in case this helps to solve this listed my system specs.

I7 3930K Processor
Asus Rampage 4 extreme
32GB ram
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
windows 7 64bit
2 x GTX 680
3 x Asus VN279Q monitors

Any help would be so very much appreciated!

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 11:51 
Editors
Editors

Hi, you might want to mention *Mass Effect 2+3* in the Topic title, as these are the Games you have problems with.

Sadly I cannot help you with your problem as I don't have mass effect installed anymore.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 11:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Out of curiosity what version of Mass Effect 2 are you running?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 12:39 

I have the latest version on steam, because steam updates it automatically. I don't know where to look for the version info. When I go to update history in steam it just shows their promotion it last had for the games. It is the "Mass Effect digital deluxe edition" on steam if that helps. I didn't put just Mass Effect 2 + 3 in the title, because it's not just those games. I tried Skyrim also, but neither program worked. It did the same fishbowl look on just the center monitor, shutting off both side monitors. I eventually got Skyrim to work by editing the .ini file. At any rate I figured it was not just limited to Mass Effect because of that. I appreciate your help folks. I really love M.E. playing those games would be epic in surround :)

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 16:50 
Insiders
Insiders

lucef666 wrote:
I have the latest version on steam, because steam updates it automatically. I don't know where to look for the version info. When I go to update history in steam it just shows their promotion it last had for the games. It is the "Mass Effect digital deluxe edition" on steam if that helps. I didn't put just Mass Effect 2 + 3 in the title, because it's not just those games. I tried Skyrim also, but neither program worked. It did the same fishbowl look on just the center monitor, shutting off both side monitors. I eventually got Skyrim to work by editing the .ini file. At any rate I figured it was not just limited to Mass Effect because of that. I appreciate your help folks. I really love M.E. playing those games would be epic in surround :)

Did you by any chance configure the game to actually use 5760x1080 ? Mass Effect (1,2,3) comes with a tool for configuration. That would explain why you can see stuff only on one monitor.:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 07:01 

OMG, I got it to work!!!!! Its epic!!!! thanks Helifax your my hero!