Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 03:53 

helifax wrote:
Wishthink wrote:
I'd love some help with my problems. IN GAME looks fine as far as I've tried it, but the menu looks HORRIBLE.

Resolutions 2400 or so less look normal (unless i turn on the fix at which point the text takes a deep angle). Anything above 2400 or less than 5700 you can still notice the difference, but i can't take ANY pictures of.

Any resolution higher than 2400 or so just gives me all black when i print screen it. Haven't tried with fraps yet, but regular paint and paste it is complete black.

At 5754 X 1082 (only suggesting it gives me above 4000) i see NO difference with or without the patch fix.

Either way the menu is completely zoomed in and stretched out. The top part of the menu is completely cut off the screen. The top of the menu can't even be seen.

Is this the steam version ? or ..something different? By the looks of it..you are not using a legit steam version or is not patched...

This resolution is very weird 5754 X 1082.....are you in window mode ? ...or ?

Fixed already -didn't even realize this post made it through the whole "there is no topic" error.

It's a legit steam version. The weird resolution was because i didn't realize it was in windowed mode. Not sure what fixed it. I deleted the "fixer" (accidentally). Re-downloaded it. Re-downloaded the dll and everything works perfectly. I'm guessing i had an old DLL or something.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013, 14:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Wishthink wrote:
helifax wrote:
Wishthink wrote:
I'd love some help with my problems. IN GAME looks fine as far as I've tried it, but the menu looks HORRIBLE.

Resolutions 2400 or so less look normal (unless i turn on the fix at which point the text takes a deep angle). Anything above 2400 or less than 5700 you can still notice the difference, but i can't take ANY pictures of.

Any resolution higher than 2400 or so just gives me all black when i print screen it. Haven't tried with fraps yet, but regular paint and paste it is complete black.

At 5754 X 1082 (only suggesting it gives me above 4000) i see NO difference with or without the patch fix.

Either way the menu is completely zoomed in and stretched out. The top part of the menu is completely cut off the screen. The top of the menu can't even be seen.

Is this the steam version ? or ..something different? By the looks of it..you are not using a legit steam version or is not patched...

This resolution is very weird 5754 X 1082.....are you in window mode ? ...or ?

Fixed already -didn't even realize this post made it through the whole "there is no topic" error.

It's a legit steam version. The weird resolution was because i didn't realize it was in windowed mode. Not sure what fixed it. I deleted the "fixer" (accidentally). Re-downloaded it. Re-downloaded the dll and everything works perfectly. I'm guessing i had an old DLL or something.

Yes, I think you were using the first release of the plugin;)) Glad that it works now;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 01:30 

Thanks for all the fixes you provide, Helifax! Using r652 with the plugin you included in this thread, everything worked perfectly. I updated to r662 today and now all menu items are shifted to the left. I'll post some screenshots below.

This includes the .ini fix. I imagine the .ini fix is still necessary, but I'm not sure if I missed something and was supposed to disable that with r662.

Edit: Replacing the plugin from r662 with the one linked in this thread did not change anything. Reverting to r652 and adding the plugin you linked in this thread solves my problem. I mostly just wanted to post for anyone else who had an issue and so you'd be aware.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 01:46 
Insiders
Insiders

ThoughtA wrote:
Thanks for all the fixes you provide, Helifax! Using r652 with the plugin you included in this thread, everything worked perfectly. I updated to r662 today and now all menu items are shifted to the left. I'll post some screenshots below.

This includes the .ini fix. I imagine the .ini fix is still necessary, but I'm not sure if I missed something and was supposed to disable that with r662.

Edit: Replacing the plugin from r662 with the one linked in this thread did not change anything. Reverting to r652 and adding the plugin you linked in this thread solves my problem. I mostly just wanted to post for anyone else who had an issue and so you'd be aware.

That is very weird... I tested the latest WSF release and I find the plugin working like before.
How is your plugin configured?
If is on autodetect you should use the same resolution both in windows and in-game.
If you are using different resolutions try to manually configure the plugin.
That should solve the problem.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 02:36 

I'm a moron. My steam folder is in another partition, and I forgot to set the FOV override path after installing the new version. Sorry about that, and thanks for all the work you do!

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 02:53 
Insiders
Insiders

ThoughtA wrote:
I'm a moron. My steam folder is in another partition, and I forgot to set the FOV override path after installing the new version. Sorry about that, and thanks for all the work you do!

Nothing to worry about:) Glad that you got it working;))

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 03:59 

Hi guys,

Thanks to Helifax for the fix. But RM crash to desktop when i'm using WidescreenFixer-r662 maybe or maybe not i need r652 with the last plugin as someone said just before.But can't find a dl url for this version

Here's my problem : when i launch game with widescreen fixer in backround as usual, games starts fine, but as soon as i activate the fix : game crash to desktop and here is what i can read :

"Fatal error!
Address =0161111b (filename not found) in .\Path...\Rememberme.exe)"

FYI i'm still using the "another release" with no update.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 13:11 

fluxetreflux wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks to Helifax for the fix. But RM crash to desktop when i'm using WidescreenFixer-r662 maybe or maybe not i need r652 with the last plugin as someone said just before.But can't find a dl url for this version

Here's my problem : when i launch game with widescreen fixer in backround as usual, games starts fine, but as soon as i activate the fix : game crash to desktop and here is what i can read :

"Fatal error!
Address =0161111b (filename not found) in .\Path...\Rememberme.exe)"

FYI i'm still using the "another release" with no update.

Thanks in advance

I've got the exact same error.
neither 5760x1080 or 6048x1080 works.

Logitech G510 | Razer Deathadder Respawn | Steelseries Qck+ |

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 15:25 

morxy49 wrote:

Thanks for you reply. Do you mean that i need to lower the res ?

But i'm quite despite that the fix can't run @ full res. Yesterday i give it a go, with the BaseEngine.ini trick and except the menu, "3D Arrows" that indicates your direction, Combo Labs, HUD,etc... it was running as smooth as butter and so impressive :shock:

There's aslo an issue with framerate when Crossfire is on. I have no problem when it's off. I'm running two 5770 (i know this is quite old !) with 13.6 beta and no cap. Am i alone with this problem ?

Waiting for others advices... Thanks for your help

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013, 15:58 
Insiders
Insiders

fluxetreflux wrote:
morxy49 wrote:

Thanks for you reply. Do you mean that i need to lower the res ?

But i'm quite despite that the fix can't run @ full res. Yesterday i give it a go, with the BaseEngine.ini trick and except the menu, "3D Arrows" that indicates your direction, Combo Labs, HUD,etc... it was running as smooth as butter and so impressive :shock:

There's aslo an issue with framerate when Crossfire is on. I have no problem when it's off. I'm running two 5770 (i know this is quite old !) with 13.6 beta and no cap. Am i alone with this problem ?

Waiting for others advices... Thanks for your help

The fix works on all resolution et all.
However I see from the above post that you are using a "cracked version" of the game. Cracked versions are not supported nor will they be in the future for any fix that I make.
I am not going to open an old debate on why I decided this, but I think is pretty obvious.
As the WideScreen Fixer plugin says..the currently supported version is Steam V1.1.0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next