Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 01:40 

Please make one for Dungeon Keeper, I have it on Origin.
its a 97' game so graphics are already horrible,
Spoiler:
almost looks like 8-bit 2.5D kinda.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2016, 15:22 

Hello Hayden and thanks for FWS.

I have a question about FWS and the new Skyrim SSE. It seems their switching the game engine to 64bit means FWS doesn't work. Would you or can you make a new plugin? Or can I just copy the TESVSkrim folder to say, TESVSkyrimSSE and make some changes to the appropriate files?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017, 22:35 

Is the "Status Window" supposed to show it found the game if you alt-tabbed out of it and it flawless widescreen is working?

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 12:52 
Editors
Editors

Hey F41LTR41N, I deleted your new thread to avoid confusion.
F41LTR41N wrote:
Will the "Status Window" change if you alt-tab out of the game and it is properly recognized? I can't seem to get it to recognize the Wolf Among Us.
Does the file need to be in the steam directory or can you add custom directory paths?
If the status window is empty, FWS can't see the game being loaded in memory; it can't be a directory issue. Are you running the Steam or GOG version ?

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 22:31 

scavvenjahh wrote:
Hey F41LTR41N, I deleted your new thread to avoid confusion.
F41LTR41N wrote:
Will the "Status Window" change if you alt-tab out of the game and it is properly recognized? I can't seem to get it to recognize the Wolf Among Us.
Does the file need to be in the steam directory or can you add custom directory paths?
If the status window is empty, FWS can't see the game being loaded in memory; it can't be a directory issue. Are you running the Steam or GOG version ?

Thanks sccavvenjahh. Based on Matt Kjer's recommendation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMiYtAWSmqY&t=420s) I thought I'd try it out to see if I can get into this kind of game. However since I wasn't sure I'd like it, nor whether flawless widescreen still worked, I may have downloaded a cracked version... :shh: Does the memory hack solely work for the original .exe? If so, given that I like The Walking Dead and GoT tv series I could just go ahead and try out the genre and flawless widescreen with an original version. Have any patches to games previously fixed by this SW made them stop working or is it still very well maintained by the community? In other words am I at a serious risk of not getting it to work after buying a game listed as supported by flawless widescreen?

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2017, 19:24 
Editors
Editors

Flawless plugins are usually very robust and get updated as needed during the game's lifespan. There are exceptions, like Doom which continues to be heavily patched more than 8 months after release but that's a worse case scenario. As a rule both Flawless Widescreen and Widescreen Fixer are invaluable apps for games old and new...You just have to remember they're basically one-man's projects.

As far as TWAU is concerned, it seems there were no patches beside the episodic release so the prognosis is good :)

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2017, 20:14 

scavvenjahh wrote:
Flawless plugins are usually very robust and get updated as needed during the game's lifespan. There are exceptions, like Doom which continues to be heavily patched more than 8 months after release but that's a worse case scenario. As a rule both Flawless Widescreen and Widescreen Fixer are invaluable apps for games old and new...You just have to remember they're basically one-man's projects.

As far as TWAU is concerned, it seems there were no patches beside the episodic release so the prognosis is good :)

If TWAU didn't get patched then why doesn't it work? Do you think it's not registering because it's not the original .exe file then? What exactly does the code typically look for as part of the memory hack? Thanks again for all insights.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 15:34 
Editors
Editors

Each plugin is written for a specific game version, basically a Steam release. Then it's "fingers crossed" for other legit versions: Steam patches, DRM-free releases may require a plugin update. So cracked exes are even less likely to be supported. As to how memory hacks actually work, I'm out of my depth here...

The status window of a working fix looks like this:

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 16:10 

What with Doom after patch? Which prognosis?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 17:42 

:wave: Resident Evil 7, needs to be fixed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 126  Next