Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 12:49 

Excellent, Cheers for all your effort

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 14:46 
Insiders
Insiders

Hayden thanks for the tool! Next pay I will be donating to you like I do to the other guys on here that work hard. Hopefully you will be able to fix Rage's hand scaling etc. The HUD centres great.

Cheers

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 16:20 

Hi

nice job Hayden.

ive only tested it on skyrim...and its working great.

cheers

Sean

Post subject: Version 1.0.2: Display
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 16:36 
Insiders
Insiders

[h3]Version 1.0.2:[/h3]

• Display detection now floating-point based rather than integer, caused some issues when bezel compensation was enabled.

• Updated SoftTH parser, attempts auto detection - but mixed screen sizes require additional configuration in SoftTH config file, add "FWS_GridX=xmonitors and FWS_GridY=ymonitors"

• Added copy function to make it a little easier to report bugs.

• Misc bug fixes.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 18:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Out of interest, has anyone had a update to a module they were using at the time?

In theory even tho the plugin is active, it should close it (cleanly, removing all injections) - reinstall it and re instance, probably notice nothing more than a half a second flash in the game.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 20:15 

This is amazing, thank you very very much and thank you for making it open source and for including some documentation, this is the right way of doing things and its a great step in the right direction, cant wait for the future, THANKS

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 01:27 

I admit to trolling the "Skyrim Multi-Monitor User Interface Fix Discussion" thread for months patiently (sometimes anxiously) awaiting a perfect Skyrim Eyefinity fix.... I registered here just to add my thanks to HaYDeN for all of his time and hard work. Flawless Widescreen is fantastic and was certainly worth the wait. I am happy to donate towards it's continuing development! :)

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 11:29 

Thanks for taking the time to make this tool. Last night I tried testing it out on mirrors edge (steam version) in eyefinity and it hard locked my computer both times (on the menu screen). Anyone else gotten it to work on mirrors edge? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

2x 5870 2GB in crossfire, 12.3 drivers, 5760x1200

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 11:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Maybe try disabling it at first (untick enabled)

then start Mirrors Edge and hit whatever Enable hotkey you set (Control Alt Z by default) - my suspicion is that its injecting too quickly on some machines, before its loaded properly....

I've only tested on 4.2ghz quad i7 with RAID0 SSD's which is going to load the executable pretty much instantly.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 18:33 

First of all, thank you Hayden for your most diligent work on this project!! It's people like you that make the world more enjoyable for the rest of us..

So I'm running 3 monitors on an eyefinity setup. I set my desktop to stretch across all 3 monitors, just like I used to do (before this whole patch problem started). Then I run your flawless widescreen and "activate" the skyrim plugin and leave the program active. Then I run skyrim. The problem is that I am getting 3 identical views on my 3 monitors instead of getting one view stretched across the 3 (i.e. the game comes up individually on each monitor at the same time).

Any ideas, or things to try at this point. Any help would be appreciated. I think long ago I had to actually go in and change one of the lines on the skyrim.ini file to get it to run on all three. Do I have to do that again, or something else??

Thanks!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 126  Next