Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sounds great!
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 10:12 

Sounds great!

Post subject: Help
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 23:14 

Dear smart people!

I come to you on bended knee to ask for help. I downloaded the tool and entered a value ( 91) which is a blind choice because I did not know how to calculate a FOV number.

I launched the tool from my desktop after entering the value.

Launched the game. All the pre-game loading screens came up looking like the tool was working. The game rating came up and went across all three screens and then when it finally loaded the first GAME screen where you can select "play" and "profile" everything is stretched outside the screens.

I can click on "PLAY" on the stretched screen which sends me to the "campaign" screen which is looks normal.

The next screen is again, all stretched out and asks you to click on any button. I do just that and the game appears to start.

Next, I can hear the character, see the health bar in the upper left corner and the other bar on the bottom left and they all looks correct.

But, the screen only shows solid light blue and I am being attacked instantly and the game is over. I never see anything but the blue screen and red flashes from being attacked and the game is over as soon ass it is started. Something is seriously wrong.

It does not matter what value I put in the FOV tool. Every time I start any map, I hear im instantly getting attacked, blue background with red flashes as I am getting attacked, and then dead.

Clearly, Im doing something wrong since all the the well wishers are saying how great it is. I have a lot of fun with this game and want to buy part 2 but having to unplug my screens to play on one monitor gets old and this would be a great fix if I could get it to work.

Any ideas? Here is a YouTube link that shows what I see. Sorry I rendered it so small. Im new at this too. But you will see how some of the screens look fine and others not. The end of the game where It says I was defeated seems to be multi-windowed. Its crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EljqJ5P49dM&feature=plcp

Windows 7
I7 930
GTX 580
6 GIG ram
Matrox TrippleHead2Go Digital

MOJO|Rage

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 01:02 
Editors
Editors

Hello MOJO|Rage,

Sorry you are having this problem. It sounds just like the same issue a previous poster reported. The current workaround is to start the tool after starting the game (use ALT+TAB). Also, for surround use a FOV around 135-140 (this is something I will clarify in the next update).

Obviously I haven't rolled out an update on the tool as I had planned. My job basically keeps me working 6-7 days a week, so my dev time has nearly vanished. I might be able to finish the update this week if I get a couple more slow work days. Sorry about the delays--this is definitely at the top of my todo list.

Post subject: All of us who have taken
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 01:19 

All of us who have taken advantage of any tools provided from all the active developers here in wsgf are highly appreciated and held in the highest regard! The last game I was getting help with was in constant need of updating and I know it is a huge time consumer for people like yourself.

Considering the fact that this is not a mainstream game.... I was shocked to see that anyone even cared about it, as yourself, and I am happy to wait out whatever you can do in the future if you decide to.

Ridiculous workweeks that you are dealing with are not fair to your sanity. Thank you again for your quick response and I hope my post was clear enough to help you with a solution.

Thanks again,

MOJO|Rage

Post subject: I picked up this game
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 04:18 
Insiders
Insiders

I picked up this game yesterday on the steam sale and I freaking loved playing it tbh - get's uber hard, still havent finished yet.

As a consequence I added it to Flawless Widescreen, you can give it a try if you like, link in signature.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 19:06 

THANK YOU SOOOOOO much! The Flawless WIdescreen works great in game. The only thing it does not solve it the one menu where you click on "play" "profile" and possibly "settings" at the bottom but I cant see it since this is the only screen that is stretched really bad. It must have the "quit" screen too because I have to Ctrl_+Alt+Del to exit the game. And sometimes it does not want to let me do even that LOL.

No matter, I am again thankful and wish I had F.W. or any other tool before I reached the end, but I will be playing the levels over anyway now that I can play it on triple monitors.!!!! SO much better!

Thank you again and I will open my wallet, again, to you freaking geniuses who spend your time to make these games work for us! BRAVO!!!

Thanks again

MOJO|Rage

P.S. Will you be adding Orcs Must Die 2 to the list any time soon?