Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Orcs Must Die ! Mods
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 20:19 

Thanks Alex for the original OMDblank, didn't know who to give credit, aside from your link in the post on the official forum.
Also... sadly with the patch today, it broke >.<

I figured out after examining your OMDblanks that Robot was using a simple CRC32 check on the zips to verify the files. After a while of hunting I found a way to spoof the crc32 my self. I've updated all of the zips today after the patch and included the new dlc blanks as well.

Honestly, the dlc zip files look to be the best way to house future mods (despite Robot not liking that idea at all). The latest DLC seems to hierarchically be taken as the master file invalidating anything duplicates in the data folder. So... a mod housed in the latest dlc zip, with a spoofed crc32, and presto... a packaged mod!

I've also started a new site to house the OMD files and the wave generator i'm putting together. So if you have anything for OMD, I can gladly host it Alex.

New blank zip files:
http://evilworkshop.net/OMD/files/OMDnewblanks.zip

Also... here is a mod that they refused to have visible on the Robot forums. It requires having the data unpacked first, then using this new zip with a modified tech tree file to zero cost upgrade for the new DLC content. This I had to make simply because they added new content that required skulls to upgrade... but no new way to earn more skulls.

0 Skull DLC upgrade cost:
http://evilworkshop.net/OMD/files/0skullDLC.zip.

I've updated all of the zips today after the patch and included the new dlc blanks as well.

Thanks for that, saves me having to redo them after patching!

the dlc zip files look to be the best way to house future mods

The problem with this is that I think it would require you to have bought the DLC for it to work. I haven't yet, and checking with process monitor it doesn't even read the datadlc*.zip files.

Looking in SaberPlugin.vplugin, apart from the files already in your OMDnewblanks, there are also references to datadlc00.zip (PAX DLC, crc 30afbe17), datadlc03.zip (presumably as yet unreleased dlc, crc b28df7da), and interestingly also base.zip (I haven't yet been able to determine a crc for this, it might be ebfff9df, but that's barely better than a guess). I wonder if it would be possible to get it to read base.zip, then you could release mods packaged into that and not have to overwrite a dlc zip.

If you want to look further into crcs, I found the existing ones at 0xFBECD, and every 115 bytes following that (value immediately follows an =, and is 4 bytes big-endian), in the same order as the files themselves appear starting at 0x43E62D). It looks like dataart.zip and datademoart.zip checksums must be in some other file, though, so I don't know if base.zip's checksum would be there too.

Of course, at the moment, it isn't even reading the base.zip file, but there must be some mechanism which tells it which zips to read, and which not to, so it only reads the DLC zips that you own. That mechanism might also allow it to read base.zip.