Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 05:01 

all menus work 100% and look correct
load screen is strangely streched across rightr screen
in game res and fov screwed
i tried fix on pg 1 but the files it talks about dont appear in my docs folder plz help game is hardly playable

EDIT i tried fix tool but it requires same files as above wtf ??? why dont i have these files i figured they must be created wafter the first save but no dice arggh!

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 02:04 

Hey guys, I hate to grave dig here but I installed this and then changed the MenuUpgradeCharacter.xui to include a resolution of 6048 x 1080 as that is the resolution I am operating at. The only problem is I'm receiving some weird distortion, how can I fix it?

Here is the link if you wnat to view it larger: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6649/deadislandgame201206230.jpg

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 11:19 
Editors
Editors

Hey guys, I hate to grave dig here but I installed this and then changed the MenuUpgradeCharacter.xui to include a resolution of 6048 x 1080 as that is the resolution I am operating at. The only problem is I'm receiving some weird distortion, how can I fix it?

Here is the link if you wnat to view it larger: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6649/deadislandgame201206230.jpg

The distortion is normal. See here: http://www.wsgf.org/forum/7185/bars-between-screens-and-side-screen-distortion-please-read

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012, 13:20 

They should add this game to Flawless Widescreen, but I guess it's better than nothing at this point. Thanks for the help, I think I can find a home in these forums pretty easily.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2012, 06:50 
Insiders
Insiders

They should add this game to Flawless Widescreen, but I guess it's better than nothing at this point. Thanks for the help, I think I can find a home in these forums pretty easily.

It's a VAC secured title - so it's dangerous to release because people may get banned.

But - by the same token, several VAC and Punkbuster secured games have been fixed without issue to date, suggesting that the types of things changed to fix it for Superwide are typically not scanned/integrity checked, I'll take a peek at some stage, if it can be done without codecaves, new executable material being injected it's "fairly safe"

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: Does not fix it :(
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012, 01:01 

Hey Garden great fix but unfortunately for me it just crashes when trying to load the island. I tried making a new game thinking it might fix it but nope no dice. I tried 2400x400, 5760x1200 and 5796x1200 but still crashes. I even installed latest drivers and profiles to see if that worked, NOPE! LOL. I really don't know what the problem is it just crashes when trying to load a save.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2013, 02:21 

Game crashes for me aswell :(

With the fix.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 13:37 

Hey guys,

I don't know if anybody will need this, since the game is a bit old by now, but anyway I want to share it.

I recently received my copy of Dead Island via a nice humblebundle offer and wanted to play this on my 21:9 screen in 2560x1080. Unfortunately Gardens fix didn't work for me, even with the newer files from data3.pak. So I tried to fix it myself!

I used Gardens files and edited them. I resized the ingame menu, so that you can access all buttons:
unfixed:
fixed:

I realized that the HUD is scaled up if you compare 1920x1080 with 2560x1080:
Normal size HUD in 1920x1080:
Scaled up HUD in 2560x1080:

So I edited the HUD.xui file to rescale and reposition most of the HUD elements:

To install the fix extract the data folder of this archive to:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\DeadIsland\out
If you want to keep the bigger HUD like shown above, simply delete the hud folder (or don't extract it in the first place)

There are some minor bugs:
- radar content is a bit bigger than the radar backgroundimage (see "!" on the radar in the last 2 images)
- weapon images in the wheelselectionmenu are distorted and to big
- main menu and loading screen show a black bar at the side and are not centered
- level up screen is a bit off to the left (not in the center) <= i actually liked that because u can still see the zombies in your crosshair! :)

I did this fix in a few hours and I only care about the ingame experience and not about loading screens (u don't see them too long with nowadays ssds anyway ;) ) So I did not fix everything.
But feel free to report gameplay relevant bugs that I didnt stumble upon yet. (I didnt even finish the first chapter yet!)

greetz,
infest

edit: wsgf gallery is working again... changed the links and also added this fix to the dead island entry

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 18:12 
I Donated
I Donated

Thread form the dead back again :)

I pickerd this up on steam and want to get it running at 5960 x 1080. the fix from thge detailed report causes the game to crash. From reading this/other threads I am aware I have to go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DeadIsland\out\Data\Menu\Scr, open MenuUpgradeCharacter.xui, and change the resolution width and height references to suit my setup. Width & height are mentioned numerous times in this fie, can someone please clarify what lines I have to change? I plan to mod infest's file as this does not cause the game to crash when I unzipped his version.

Many thanks in advance.

Silverstone FT05 * Asus Maximus VII Formula* I7 4970k * Corsair H80i * 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro* 2 x EVGA 980ti ACX superclocked * Crucial M4 256GB * Silverstone ST85F-GS 850W* Corsair SP2500 * 3 x 1 Samsung S27A950D's 1 x AOC 24" 1080p something..

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2015, 02:13 

I'm having the same problem as dr1v3n, unpack the fix, start the game and the menu's look great but when I hit "continue" to load into the game it crashes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next