Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 01:18 

That’s the file that keeps crashing me. I tried 5760 x 1080 and it crashes and the original something x 720 crashes. I tried your 50. Ill take the40 x 1050 and crash. If I pull that file out completely I get eyefinity going but the skills page is fubar. I’ll take that but would like to figure what line is causing it. It’s a bit annoying to have to change resolutions to use your upgrade skills page. I'm still appreciative for the great guys out there that come up with all these modifications to help us get the game play we should have. Big 2 thumb’s up for the WSG guys....

:rockout :cheers :rockout :triplewide

That’s the file that keeps crashing me. I tried 5760 x 1080 and it crashes and the original something x 720 crashes. I tried your 50. Ill take the40 x 1050 and crash. If I pull that file out completely I get eyefinity going but the skills page is fubar. I’ll take that but would like to figure what line is causing it. It’s a bit annoying to have to change resolutions to use your upgrade skills page. I'm still appreciative for the great guys out there that come up with all these modifications to help us get the game play we should have. Big 2 thumb’s up for the WSG guys....

:rockout :cheers :rockout :triplewide

The mod worked great until todays patch. For me setting my desktop resolution fixed it but I tried *TONS* of other values before I figured that out. Keep experimenting, or maybe conciser setting your resolution to 5040x1050 both on the file and in game settings to more closely match the working setup I have? Good luck!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 03:44 

Yea the fix has worked great for me up until the new patch. now it just crashes.
Pulling MenuUpgradeCharacter.xui out of the Scr folder fixes it.
But now when i level up i must switch to 1 screen to choose my powerup ><
5760X1080

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 14:55 

If you hilight any you can use the arrow keys to move it around and the description is right there in the middle

But please twesk gods give us a new file to downlosd...

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 01:18 

funny thing , for me the game works but it acts like the data files arent even there . hope this gets fixed soon .

scratch that , i copied it into the wrong section, i also get crash

if rename or remove the menuupgradecharacter.xui its working . tried editing it to my resolution (6048x1080) but it didnt help.

luckily im quite far in the game so i dont level up that much , so its not so troublesome

Post subject: Found a Fix (Maybe?)
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2011, 04:17 

I've managed to get past the game crashing similar to markilleruk 's method.

The caveat is you need to open up the Data3.pak from your install directory, go to DataMenuScr (The original fix probably comes from the Data0.pak)
Pull out the MenuUpgradeCharacter.xui
And then replace the numbers with your resolution.
Put it in your OutDataMenuScr

I haven't tested it fully, so there might be more to change... but at least it isn't crashing.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2011, 17:06 

@Haios: could you please post your new file , i dont seem to have the data3.pak

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 01:09 
Insiders
Insiders

@Haios: could you please post your new file , i dont seem to have the data3.pak

I have gotten the file to work thank god, I freaking love the game, Happy Halloween :)

http://renewsoft.com/deadisland/MenuUpgradeCharacter.rar

You can again tweak the rez to what ever you want. Just drop the file into the C:Users[user name]1DocumentsDeadIslandoutdataMenuScr folder

Enjoy.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011, 15:45 

Thanks man this is great. My brothers and I love this game and I really appreciate the hard work getting this to play for me. 2 big thumbs up for this from me.... :rockout :rockout :TrueWS

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 18:12 

Also works perfectly for me. Thanks!

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 06:08 

Thanks you Garden & markilleruk! Was able to realize something was wrong with the game in eyefinity, and a quick search in google, some file transfers, and modifying that file got me up and running! Thank you so much!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next