Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 14:42 
Editors
Editors

Hey guys ...
I found a Compact HUD mod ... here ... http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Compact_HUD_for_CoP_Proper;106227
By modifying that I made a centre screen HUD with a small crosshair and I added Paddy's Blood ... as I did for the other STALKERS ... :D

The HUD still isn't perfect but it is better than the original oversized one.
The crosshair too isn't perfect as by making it smaller prevents the scaling when moving thing from working ... it wasn't much use anyway ... :P
Paddy's Blood is just what I prefer over the original ... :mrgreen:

Firstly to set things up for the mods ...
Go to ... C:Program Files (x86)bitComposer GamesS.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat ... (this is for Win 7 but basically the root folder of wherever you installed the game)
Make a backup of the file ... fsgame.ltx ... just in case you need to put things back as default.
Now ... open the file ... fsgame.ltx ... with WordPad or NotePad ...

Change the line ...

$game_data$ = false| false| $fs_root$| gamedata

To ...

$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata

and save.

Now download this for 3840 ... S-COP-TH-CS-HUD-3840.rar
or this for 5040 ................. S-COP-TH-CS-HUD-5040.rar
Copy the folder called ... gamedata ... from the RAR file to ... C:Program Files (x86)bitComposer GamesS.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat ... (this is for Win 7 but basically the root folder of wherever you installed the game)

That is it ... :)

Should you want to put things back as they were just delete that ... gamedata ... folder.

Screenshots ... The red vertical lines are just to show where the center screen is.
Click the image to it see full size.
5040 ...

3840 ...

Paddy's blood ...

If you don't want to use Paddy's Blood then just remove the ... wm ... folder from the ... textures ... folder found here ... C:Program Files (x86)bitComposer GamesS.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyatgamedata ... (after you have extracted as indicated above).

I have done all this in the opening scene so things may not work as intended should the game change things further on in and other things may come to light as I play the game.
Anyway ... I hope all is OK ...
Please let me know if you find something very wrong or something I missed and I'll try to find time to look at it ... (this took several hours to do as is very tedious and time consuming).

I have no idea how these will look at other resolutions as I haven't tried them ... :P

Enjoy ... 8)

EDIT ...
The quick slot icons that appear above the health/amo etc. when you use them are still quite large and a bit stretched ... :(
I will take a look to see if I can fix them ... 8)

EDIT #2 ...
I haven't yet worked out how to sort out those quick slot icons ... :(
BUT ... I have managed to get the dialogue text onto the center screen ... :)

The rar files have been updated ... 8)
Again there maybe bits I have missed (infact I'm sure of it ... :P) ... so please let me know if you spot something ... :)

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 02:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey, great HUD mod :D

Only real problem is it doesn't show your visibility/sound sensors, so you can't tell how stealthy you are.

A smaller problem is not showing the F1-F4 hotkeys (which isn't really a big deal since you can press I to view it).

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 16:05 

Thanks! I'm running 5760, but these are a major help.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 06:42 

I just bought this game and am trying to run this in Eyefinity. I can't seem to see all the text and after searching was directed to this thread. I've tried implementing the mod to fix the HUD so that I can see all of the text for dialogues, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I have edited the file to allow mods and have placed the gamedata folder at the root of the application directory. However anytime I try to play the game, all the HUDS remain the same. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 12:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey guys ...
I found a Compact HUD mod ... here ... http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Compact_HUD_for_CoP_Proper;106227
By modifying that I made a centre screen HUD with a small crosshair and I added Paddy's Blood ... as I did for the other STALKERS ... :D

[Admin Edit: Removed excessive quote]

Great Mod but can I request a few things? I just got this http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Compact_HUD_Variation_Pack;111003#Download which has a great variety of HUD options. BUT I want to center it, like in your mod. Can you show me how to find/edit this? Also I am running 5760 and the mini map is just behind the bezel so can you also show me how to edit it so I can run it in my rez? Cheers! (sorry if this is a double post, the other one disappeared). Oh and I only just bought the game, hence the revisit of an old thread :P

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 14:41 

Did anyone ever find any 5760x1080 files? I could have sworn I had them a few months ago, but I can't seem to find them now. Finally got into this game!! It sure took me a while -- actually it took me playing through Fallout NV. I'm now loving CoP more than ever.

PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 15:35 

Links are dead. Please fix 5040 one.

On related issue, I just started SOC Complete and I can't drop items if only the drop option is listed. If there is Drop and Drop All, then they work. Found someone else on the internet with this issue using eyefinity and he said it works fine in single screen. Any fix for this?