Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: BFME2
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2011, 13:40 

Hello!

I installed the mod but I have problems with BFME2:

The game is awesome at 16/9 1366x768 resolution but there is no subtitle during cutscenes.
When I delete data dir from wsemod.big and create a new big it works fine.

Post subject: Szaby59 wrote:Hello!I
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2011, 00:41 
Editors
Editors

Hello!

I installed the mod but I have problems with BFME2:

The game is awesome at 16/9 1366x768 resolution but there is no subtitle during cutscenes.
When I delete data dir from wsemod.big and create a new big it works fine.

Do I understand correctly that you were able to fix the problem?

You are the first person to report subtitle issues with the mod. Are you using a US-English language version of the game or a different localization?

Post subject: I'm using different
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2011, 14:12 

I'm using different localization, but the settings are same.
I fixed it, but I'm afraid deleting the config files will cause problems when I using the mod.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 20:06 

Hi there, I am from Argentina and i found this post very interesting, i tried to install the Mod, but i couldn't.

*I have the 2.1 Version of RotWK
*I install the mod, and then i run it through the shortcur created on mi Windows Menu, and nothing happens!
*I'm ussing wx sp3
*I also read this post, http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/gaming/detailed-widescreen-reports/8754/middle-earth-ii-witch-king-detailed-report and i couldn't follow this step:

Same method for the resolution. (In Vista, Options.ini is in C:UsersAppDataRoamingMy Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files) *Yes i know it says vista, but for windows it should be some similar way, soy i created

C:Documents and SettingsAdministradorApplication DataMy Battle for Middle-earth (tm) II Files

And also another one in spanish, just in case:

C:Documents and SettingsAdministradorApplication DataMis archivos de La Batalla por la Tierra Media™ II

In wich i hace an Options.ini with:

AudioLOD = High
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
Resolution = 1920 1080
StaticGameLOD = High
TimesInGame = 5

*I took this information from another web page

Pd:

I notice you left some support to another language but i can't enter this topic:

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&%3Bt=14099&%3Bp=180259#p180259

When i open the page, i can only see some white stuff without any visual error.

Please, i want to play this at 1920x1080 :)

Thanks for reading!

Edit: I read on the unninstall.config that it creates when you install the mod and it shows a route called:

C:Documents and SettingsAdministradorDatos de programaMy The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king FilesWSEmod.big

I search for this route and it doesn't exist... it could be possible that the instaler never created ?

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 22:57 
Editors
Editors

Sorry for the very belated reply!

You may be having the same problem that other users of foreign-language Windows version have had. The link that you tried that returned an error is from the forum's old format. HERE is the working link. MarQs posted information on how he got his German language version of the game working with the mod. There is some additional info the posts previous to the one linked.

I hope this helps.

Post subject: Hi all,I've been trying
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 18:55 

Hi all,

I've been trying unsuccessfully to download the RotWK Widescreen mod for the past two days or so. I've tried using IE and Firefox, and the end result is the same. The download progresses to about 50% or 26MB, then stops and says it is completed, but obviously the file is incomplete since it's supposed to be about 50MB. Any idea why this happens? Is there another link I can try?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 21:04 
Editors
Editors

Hi all,

I've been trying unsuccessfully to download the RotWK Widescreen mod for the past two days or so. I've tried using IE and Firefox, and the end result is the same. The download progresses to about 50% or 26MB, then stops and says it is completed, but obviously the file is incomplete since it's supposed to be about 50MB. Any idea why this happens? Is there another link I can try?

I was just able to download the mod successfully from the link on this page:
http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/lord-rings-battle-middle-earth-ii

It was slow, and I got a warning that the server doesn't support resuming, but it worked. Perhaps try a download manager? (I use Free Download Manager)

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 13:01 

Thanks for the suggestion, the download manager idea worked like a charm.

Post subject: Problem with 16:9
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 13:36 

Hello. There was very unpleasant problem.

The native resolution of the screen of my notebook - 1600х900 (16:9).

But when I establish this permission in a file options.ini there is a following problem:
(sorry, I couldn't make a screenshot, therefore it was necessary to make a picture by means of phone (probably any protection)).

In the menu of powers appears blank black areas, it is visible that the circle isn't stretched.

The same problem with BFME 1 and with BFME 2 RotWK.

To put something like 1024х768 is a nightmare, therefore it would be desirable to solve somehow a question if it is possible.

Sorry for bad english.

Post subject: Hello Yamaneco,If I
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 20:56 
Editors
Editors

Hello Yamaneco,

If I understand correctly, it appears that the green powers tree menu is stretched wide while the glowing green outline remains circular, resulting in those visible black areas. The menu is almost certainly a 2D element, and those all get stretched in widescreen resolutions. The green glow must be a particle effect rendered in realtime by the engine since it retains its proper aspect ratio (just like all other effects like spells/explosions/such that occur during gameplay).

The mod was not designed to correct 2D elements like this. It might be fixable, but I don't have any plans to implement this in the mods.

If I have misunderstood your question I apologize. Please post some more details so I can understand correctly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next