Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 13:19 
Editors
Editors

You can still rotate, but not change the zoom angle. Install the TripleHead Enhanced mod too, it has a different angle than the Widescreen Enhanced mod, so you can choose which suits you best ;)

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 16:23 
Editors
Editors

Unfortunately the SAGE Engine was not designed with a fully user-controlled camera in mind. The engine began with Generals and thus had to conform to the gameplay and design conventions on the C&C universe. To this day the camera is the most glaring deficiency in an otherwise fantastic engine.

While it is not possible to control camera's angle (pitch) in realtime, there are mods available that employ camera presets that you can switch on the fly. See RJ-RotWK for example.

Post subject: No modded.big
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 23:27 

I don't get it working. I installed the official 2.01 Patch and then your tool, but I don't have the WSEmod.big in my game folder. What did I do wrong? Is it because I do not have the english version of the game?

Post subject: Re: No modded.big
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 23:49 
Editors
Editors

I don't get it working. I installed the official 2.01 Patch and then your tool, but I don't have the WSEmod.big in my game folder. What did I do wrong? Is it because I do not have the english version of the game?

A different language version shouldn't be a problem unless EA messed with installation folders, although I suppose Windows could be to blame. Since I don't have any experience with games/OS versions other than English I can't offer tips on that issue. I can help you get the mod working with some manual steps (I am assuming that the shortcuts for the mod created in your start menu are non-functional).

If the installer completed successfully, you should have the WSEmod.big file sitting on your hard drive. It is supposed to go in this directory:

C:Documents and Settings[your username]Application DataMy The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files

If it isn't there, try a simple filename search of your hard drive. When you locate the .big file, copy/paste it to the RotWK directory (the folder that contains lotrbfme2ep1.exe). Create a new shortcut of lotrbfme2ep1.exe on your desktop. Edit the shortcut properties so the target line looks like this:

"F:Program FilesThe Battle for Middle-earth II-RotWKlotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod WSEmod.big

Of course make sure the path is accurate for your setup. Double-clicking the new shortcut should launch the game and automatically activate the mod.

Let me know of any problems or if this works for you.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009, 17:12 

Hi,

the .big was in the mentioned directory, and copying it to [my username]everyfoldernameinGerman turned out to be the right way!
Now it works, amazing!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2009, 18:55 
Editors
Editors

Hi,

the .big was in the mentioned directory, and copying it to [my username]everyfoldernameinGerman turned out to be the right way!
Now it works, amazing!

Glad to hear it works. I hope you like the mod. :)

Post subject: Vista x64 game Error.
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009, 05:19 

Hello, I recently stumbled across this site and have since reinstalled a whole assortment of my old games.

I tried out the RotWK patch and upon trying to launch it gives me a rather lengthy error and exits. Here is a screen-shot of the error.

I run an nVidia geforce 260 GTX, AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core, 4 gigs of ram, on Vista Ultimate x64 SP2. Need any futher informaiton contact me at my email address, thanks!

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009, 08:26 
Editors
Editors

I've never seen an error message like that one. A few questions:

-Did you successfully run the game before installing the widescreen mod?
-Did you install the RotWK 2.01 patch?
-Have you installed any other mods?

The WS mod doesn't change anything at all in the weapon.ini file, which is what the screenshot indicates as the cause of the crash.

I don't run Vista or 64-bit, so I can't say whether or not they factor into the problem.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009, 15:51 

Yes it's updated to the 2.01 patch, yes it ran fine before I installed the wide-screen patch, and it runs fine after I uninstalled your wide-screen patch. No there are not any other mods present just the base game.

*shrug*

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009, 17:49 

Really great job, man!!!! :)
Thank you very much!!! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next