Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 11:06 
Editors
Editors

I could use a little photoshop project GeneralAdmission.

If I can find the material I would like to see if I can create a new title screen for the TH version so you do not have to have that seperate efect and get that nice 3 screen span feel.

Can you send me any resources you have (like the current images your using, the title) and give me any guidelines as to what you need (the required resolution & file type, is the image in an off aspect ratio and gets streched, ect ect)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 22:04 
Editors
Editors

Sounds good to me. You are talking about this splash screen, correct?:

I'd like to retain the Triplehead Enhanced title as-is, but you are welcome to change/recreate the background image(s). My 3-screen mashup way just a quick way to fix the horribly stretched regular splash screen. I've had it in the back of my mind to go back and improve/change it, especially since the transition lines don't line up exactly with my bezels for some reason, but I might never get around to it. I'd be happy to include your work in the mod, with credits, of course.

I'll collect the source assets and PM you with links and info, hopefully by the end of the day.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 06:38 
Editors
Editors

Sounds good to me. You are talking about this splash screen, correct?:

I'd like to retain the Triplehead Enhanced title as-is, but you are welcome to change/recreate the background image(s). My 3-screen mashup way just a quick way to fix the horribly stretched regular splash screen. I've had it in the back of my mind to go back and improve/change it, especially since the transition lines don't line up exactly with my bezels for some reason, but I might never get around to it. I'd be happy to include your work in the mod, with credits, of course.

I'll collect the source assets and PM you with links and info, hopefully by the end of the day.

Yep thats the one, Id love to give a little hand in your great mod. The title looks great and in that image link its fine I just saw the "in action" shots of the old one and thought it was stretching for some reason so I was going to correct it so that it would not stretch if possible. Looks like you already did that though so I just need to see what kind of backdrop I can come up with.

Im assuming this is something we can just have as an optional download where the users can freely and easily change it within there files in addition to your already setup mod downloads. Maybe even have a choice of a few backdrops.

The best way to get a source maybe very well just to take some great in game screen shots that way its related to the game and the right resolution & aspect already.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 23:16 
Editors
Editors

Im assuming this is something we can just have as an optional download where the users can freely and easily change it within there files in addition to your already setup mod downloads. Maybe even have a choice of a few backdrops.

It is possible to swap backgrounds whenever you want, but the process would be tedious to use with the way the mod is distributed. My guess is few people would want to bother with it.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 07:06 
Editors
Editors

I had my first idea today, I found a 3d saurons eye screen saver deal that I could use. Power went out in my house soon as I started to work on it though so work was canceled for today.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2009, 14:28 
Editors
Editors

General, the BFMEII version of your command points mod doesn't seem to have any effect on my game... I tried Skirmish mode (Isengard), Campaign mode (Mordor) and War of the Ring (Elves).

Actually, in Skirmish mode (and probably MP too) there's a command points multiplier (up to 100x !) in the game's Rules... and it has no effect either (on buildings or killings), with or without your modded ini.big. So maybe it's just me :?

On a sidenote, would it be feasible to attach command points earnings to each and every building types, especially barracks ? That'd be much more "classical" RTS style and we wouldn't have to rely that much on farms for training big armies anymore.

ViciousXUSMC, if you're looking for photoshop action, the loading screens of the campaign mode maps could use some "tripleheading" too :P

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2009, 18:58 
Editors
Editors

General, the BFMEII version of your command points mod doesn't seem to have any effect on my game... I tried Skirmish mode (Isengard), Campaign mode (Mordor) and War of the Ring (Elves).

Does the RotWK version work? If so maybe your CE version of BFMEII is not playing nice. Do you have a dataini folder with tons of .ini files under the main directory? Delete or rename that folder to "hide" it from the engine so it uses only the ini.big file.

Did you try rebooting your PC or powering off your modem, counting to 10, then powering it back on? :wink: :P

Actually, in Skirmish mode (and probably MP too) there's a command points multiplier (up to 100x !) in the game's Rules... and it has no effect either (on buildings or killings), with or without your modded ini.big. So maybe it's just me Confused

Yes, I always use 100x to support massive armies, but that is altering the overall unit cap. Bumping CP per building lets you get to that 100x level a lot faster. ;)

On a sidenote, would it be feasible to attach command points earnings to each and every building types, especially barracks ? That'd be much more "classical" RTS style and we wouldn't have to rely that much on farms for training big armies anymore.

Yes, you could add your chosen CP value to any building you want by editing the .ini files. Just a matter of data hunting. :)

Depending on how the game is programmed this might handicap AI players (if they "think" that CP points only apply to farms, etc.).

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 16:26 
Editors
Editors

Okay, that was stupid : it didn't work because I had only renamed the original ini.big to iniBAK.big, which didn't really move it out of the way. (Stupid "hide extensions" thingy's fault, too.)

The BFMEII version works perfectly. The game crawls with 8000+ command points spent, but hey :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 18:09 
Editors
Editors

Okay, that was stupid : it didn't work because I had only renamed the original ini.big to iniBAK.big, which didn't really move it out of the way. (Stupid "hide extensions" thingy's fault, too.)

haha...Explorer's insidious "help" features strike again. You should try xplorer2 lite, my fav file manager. Among other things, CTRL+F2 lets you rename filename and extension in a snap.

The BFMEII version works perfectly. The game crawls with 8000+ command points spent, but hey :lol:

Glad to hear it works now. I think I'll post a new thread in the Mod section just so it gets a little more exposure.

Massive armies do move like molasses. I once played a Zero Hour skirmish against 7 Hard Armies...took 2 days to finish the match. :D

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 12:35 

ok,i install this mod,is it,or will be ever posible to change angle of camera???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next