Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 00:09 

Hello everybody.
First sorry for my bad english... :(

I try to install and test the triplehead enhanced mod, but it works with only 8 maps... I ve update my game with 1.06, i ve patched the game with the mod, but it doesnt works completly....

Some help please !!!

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 18:43 
Editors
Editors

Hello everybody.
First sorry for my bad english... :(

I try to install and test the triplehead enhanced mod, but it works with only 8 maps... I ve update my game with 1.06, i ve patched the game with the mod, but it doesnt works completly....

Some help please !!!

Are you using a non-English version of Windows? If so, look at my post immediately above yours for a link to information about how another non-English user got the mod working.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2010, 02:27 

How to play others maps (for example: ROTWK Maps Pack v3 maps) in widescreen mods?

Orginal maps that made by EA can be played in widescreen mods. Can anyone tell me how to play ROTWK Maps Pack v3 in wide screen mods ?

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 02:31 
Editors
Editors

How to play others maps (for example: ROTWK Maps Pack v3 maps) in widescreen mods?

Orginal maps that made by EA can be played in widescreen mods. Can anyone tell me how to play ROTWK Maps Pack v3 in wide screen mods ?

Unfortunately the Widescreen and Triplehead mods do not support any 3rd party maps. The mods themselves are essentially just re-packed versions of the official maps--each having been edited to support the relevant mod requirements.

With FinalBIG and Worldbuilder any map can be edited with the same changes I made for these mods.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 01:20 

I installed Wide And Triple mod but neither works.
Window 7 32bit.
I think game cant find mod file
both mods are there:
C:Usersmy userAppDataRoamingMy Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 18:05 

I copied mod in other dir and write full path in shortcut like: -mod "d:xxx.big"
It works now, as I think game is unable find default path in Windows 7

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2011, 20:17 
Editors
Editors

I copied mod in other dir and write full path in shortcut like: -mod "d:xxx.big"
It works now, as I think game is unable find default path in Windows 7

Glad you got it working. I've added a note to the first post to help anyone else on Vista/7 with these issues.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011, 09:13 

I'm having big problems with these two mods :(
I have an italian Win 7, but even if i followed the instructions posted some pages ago, i still can't get neither mod to work.
This is what i did
1) installed BFME2
2) patched to 1.06
3) started first time
4) modified options.ini to make resolution 1920x1080
5) installed WSE/THE mods, copied their files to the correct folder

After that, if i launch the game with -mod it looks like the mod has been loaded (i get the "widescreen enhanced" text), yet the camera looks always the same and, with WSE on, it's blocked, while with THE i can at least zoom in even if height looks the same.

Any hint?

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:16 

Im having a similair problem.
I use windows 7 64bit SP1 - US language

1. I installed BFME2
2. I updated it to 1.06
3. I Installed ROTWK
4. I updated it to 2.01
5. I started games both one time to configure ingame settings.
6. I installed BFME2-WSEmod-1.0 pointing to the root of my installed directory C:GamesLOTR Battle for Middle-Earth 2
7. I installed RotWK-WSEmod-1.0 pointing to the root of my installed directory C:GamesLOTR The Rise of the Witch-king
8. I edited options.txt in both My battle for middle earth files and set it to 1920x1080
9. I started ROTWK and tested singleplayer and skirmish it didn't work.

Then I read one of the posts above me and I copied WSEmod to my ROTWK directory and added this to the ROTWK shortcut mod WSEmod.big.

10. I started ROTWK again and saw Widescreen Edition in main menu, and then I started single player and I saw that it worked, it was way zoomed out, it also worked in skirmish
11. I repeated the very same steps for Middle Earth 2 vanilla copying WSEmod to root BFME2 directory and adding the command line - mod WSEmod.big

But to my suprise there is no "Widescreen Edition" letters in my main menu and the camera is the same, still close up in singleplayer or skirmish...

Could someone please help out?

EDIT:
It seems I copied WSEmod.big to the BFME 1 <--- Folder LOLLOLOL
And then it still didn't work when I copied it to the BFME2 Folder.
Then it seems I missed a space (or a backspace if u will) in the - mod to -mod commandline, which made the mod not load. LOLOL anyway it's solved now.

Now just gotta install the camera mod for BFME1 and see if it works : http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17154

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 18:23 
Editors
Editors

After that, if i launch the game with -mod it looks like the mod has been loaded (i get the "widescreen enhanced" text), yet the camera looks always the same and, with WSE on, it's blocked, while with THE i can at least zoom in even if height looks the same.

Any hint?

Hmmmmm...if the Widescreen Enhanced text is appearing in the menu then the game is recognizing the .big file. I'm not sure why the camera/map settings are dysfunctional.

Is this a retail CD/DVD version of the game? ATM I can't think of anything to try other than starting over with a new install from scratch, but that may not change anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next