Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Resolution Changer
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 16:38 
Editors
Editors

This resolution changer was made for Just Cause but it may work with other games ... give it a try ...

Just download this rar file and un-zip into your Game folder ... where the games .exe is.

Resolution Changer
Version 2 is available here: Resolution Changer 2

Now open up the ... resolution.ini ... file and change the resolution to the one you desire ...

Start the game it may now run in the chosen resolution ... :D

EDIT to add version 2 ...

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 23:10 
Editors
Editors

Who's da man, PADDY IS!!!!! clapclap mate :wink:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 23:23 
Editors
Editors

Thanks buddy ... but it is our friend Racer_S that created it ... 8)
He created it at my request for Just Cause ... and so far it has only worked with Just Cause because every other game I have does all the resolutions I need.

BUT he says it may work with others ... we will have to see when some one tries it out on a game that needs a widescreen resolution.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 02:28 
Founder
Founder

I would love to figure out how to update the UniWS, rather than create a new app. You think Racer_S might be able to help us here?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 03:05 

I While ago i was looking for a patch that would let me play C&C: RE @ 12x10.
Nothing i got worked, but ill try this.
I will also try with HoMM3, just cause i can!

EDIT: Thats a no for both of them. I cant say i expected it to work, but they are the only two games i havent .ini editied or hacked to get the right resolution yet.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 07:46 
Editors
Editors

Thanks buddy ... but it is our friend Racer_S that created it ... 8)
He created it at my request for Just Cause ... and so far it has only worked with Just Cause because every other game I have does all the resolutions I need.

BUT he says it may work with others ... we will have to see when some one tries it out on a game that needs a widescreen resolution.

Lol, well, you are still the guy that got things rolling. But clap clap for Racer_S aswell. He is da man aswell. :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 08:51 
Editors
Editors

I would love to figure out how to update the UniWS, rather than create a new app. You think Racer_S might be able to help us here?

I'll talk to him about it ... we are both really busy just at the moment and he is having trouble recieving my emails ...
He is also working on a TH fix for Call of Juarez ... it looks fab ... but at the moment there is a problem with the crosshairs when in slo-mo.
He is also trying to fix the HUD for Just Cause to get it on to the center screen for TH as at the moment the mini-map gets a bit distorted.
He also says it would be fine to make a page for all his hacks/tools but again this will take some time to compile/organize ... I'll get there in the end once I'm not so busy ... :D

@ Kon$olE
thanks for trying it ... :D ... I guess it doesn't work for every game but there might be others out there that it will work with.

@ ctrlsteef ... LOL ... yeah Racer_S is da man ! ... :D

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 17:58 
Editors
Editors

Problems started.

Whenever i load the game up now i get "encountered an error and needs to close". When i delete the res changer files, the game loads no problems. And it's just suddenly started doing this for no apparent reason :shock:

Worked perfectly before, now i click, and it doesnt load.

Strange! :?:

Little upade. This is REALLY strange. I deleted the files, then exctracted em from the zip and put em back in the Just Cause directory. Now when i load, the game loads, but the "Has encountered a problem" error box becomes a kind of 'pop-under'. The game keeps running, while its saying it needs to close. The mouse is "locked" on where the box is poisitioned in the middle of the screen tho, and as soon as i click, the game freezes and i have to click "Don't Send" to get rid of the box.

What's goin on!?

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 20:39 
Editors
Editors

I'm not sure what is going on ....

Have you been trying different resolutions ?
It sounds like the resolution in the ini isn't correct for some reason ... wrong way round ... wrong digit ... may be ... :?

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2006, 20:44 
Editors
Editors

Literally didn't touch it.

Played the game for a couple of hours. Exited. Loaded it up again a few hours later for another bash, and started getting the errors. Nothing whatsoever had changed. I don't think i even installed any additional software or anything in that time. Just went to eat and browsed the net a bit.

As i say, works fine with the files deleted. (albeit in the wrong res)

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam